Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Still having major issues with reflection from HUD on windscreen. JLR head office now involved, asking for video footage .

I posted back in July on this topic and got a response confirming I was not alone in having the issue.

Picture attached shows reflection in built up area, fairly bright day. On rural roads with vegetation this reflection becomes almost opaque, impossible to see the road.

JLR are currently saying that the reflection is a feature of the car. My car has been back to dealership for a month for other issues that needed resolving and all technicians and sales team who drove it in that time confirm that this level of reflection is a hazard.

Now that more people have purchased, is anyone else struggling?

Attachments

·
Registered
57 Posts
Sorry to hear about you problem. I have the HUD and live in sunny Cyprus but I don't suffer from annoying reflections. I have the Infrared Reflective Windscreen option which may help.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I haven't got the HUD, but I've seen quite an opaque reflection just from the instrument cluster cowling and it can be a bit scary. I have the lunar (dark grey) trim on the dashboard, which probably makes it worse than the ebony trim.

G

·
I have a black microfibre cloth that I lay on the instrument binnacle and it stops this problem

Ok it looks like shit but it works and it's safe !

And when my grubby fingerprints get too much on the touchscreen, one quick wipe with the cloth and it's clean and then back on the dashboard

50p at Wilco

😀

·
Registered
52 Posts
Dash mats are popular here in Oz. I do believe I saw one for the E Pace on Fleabay recently. They are moulded to the dash so would look better than a cloth and cut down the loss of vision. It's a bit concerning considering the sun shines a lot more down under. If it is an issue, I will be looking at that option . They would have to have an option for HUD equipped cars too. I didn't go for the HUD option after using it on the test drive.

·
Registered
34 Posts
exactly the same issue with a dark grey trim in a santorini black EPace S
a diabolical situation has anyone taken this up with Jaguar, I will raise with dealer at my soon to be arranged first defects visit

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the responses.

Hoping to chat to JLR head office today and send footage over so they understand what they're dealing with and how bad the problem is.

Will report back.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Footage has been sent, it's with technical now. My contact is on annual leave all next week so I don't expect to hear anything until week on Monday unless they get back to me tomorrow or Friday.

I've had 2 courtesy cars now as my epace has been back in for various complaints and now has a new driveshaft. Neither the XF sportbrake or F-pace - which I had for a month - remotely affected by reflection.

If they don't come up with a solution ASAP, I'll be taking it further.

Will post once I've had a response from technical.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi,

Update as follows: JLR will not budge an inch on this. It's normal reflection to be expected and they will not be looking to address what is a non issue.

My car is back at the dealership again because I have a serious problem with the headlights. They are looking at the windscreen while it's in because the heads up display does not project the information properly onto the screen which suggests an issue with the windscreen rather than the display. JLR Technical team not willing to visit car at dealers.

Worst new car I've ever owned. Hopeful given the issues I've experienced that the dealers will take the car back.

Sorry it's not more positive.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Agree I do not have HUD and have same reflection issue but can fully understand yappydogs additional concern regarding HUD not being clear to use
It's supposed to be a safety feature and I believe a expensive option

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi,

I'm currently in a courtesy car - HSE, no heads up display. I agree there is reflection with this too, the difference is that the reflection is the same shade throughout and covers the entire windscreen which, whilst far from ideal, i find a little easier to see past than the reflection of the HUD housing which is directly in the drivers line of vision and comprises light and darker elements. It's like trying to look through the central air con panel on the dash while driving.

Earlier up the thread, Ozcub in Australia mentioned dashmats to alleviate the problem (and they are available to purchase online from the states, I think) but they're not suitable for a car with HUD.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I agree Jaguar should try and be more helpful rather than saying its a non issue and a characteristic of the car. It would help if they could do a specific branded dash mat for the e-pace which might make it look less like an afterthought.

E-pace windscreen is a very angled pitch. I think this is causing the issue. I had an F-pace for a month while they were sorting my car out back in August/September and there was hardly any reflection on that in the height of the good weather and endless sun.

My dealers are at least agreeing with me that it's really bad. Let us know how you get on with yours. I'll report back after they've finished investigating my car.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Right-hand drive dash mats for the E Pace are already available in Australia from a company called Fitmycar.com. They operate in Australia and the US. They also state that they design these for cars with headup displays, although that's not specified for the E Pace yet. Given the favourable exchange rate between the GB pound and Aussie dollar, and the fact they are only $69 Aussie, that may be an option to pursue. In Oz they are more for protection of the dashboard from the harsh UV than glare, but seeing as this seems to be an issue, I may well be looking at them when my cub arrives. They don't actually look that bad, are airbag compatible and come in black or charcoal.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts