Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not considering taking the HUD option as I think it only works with Jaguar satnav.. but am I mistaken ?

Will it displays the info of GoogleMaps using my iPhone with Carplay on the windscreen ?

·
Registered
79 Posts
I haven't got HUD but the digital display does not show maps loaded via CarPlay so it is unlikely they will show on the HUD. Personally I don't see why people want anything other than the Jaguar maps. On a recent 2,000 mile drive to and around Scotland I used the Jaguar system whilst my wife sat beside me with Google maps open on her phone. There was virtually no difference between the suggested routes, traffic information etc. Unlike the Jaguar system, Google maps doesn't zoom in when you slow down which I fInd invaluable when negotiating junctions. Each to their own.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info. I guess I'm just used to Google Maps.. as the Audi system (A3 / 2015) is awful. I'll make sure to try the Jaguar system on the PiviPro. I saw that we can upload new maps but are they covering all countries ? does it include speed limits / radar ? is it lifetime free ?

·
Registered
79 Posts
I haven't got PiviPro. The current system releases new maps at the end of each month which you have to download to a USB stick via a computer, then upload in the car. I understand that PiviPro has over the air updates. In the UK speed cameras are shown (mostly!). The car uses a combination of a camera and map data to show speed limits. Works 90% of the time, certainly better than my previous Mercedes. There are a lot of options on the Jaguar system and people complain about it, mostly because they didn't bother to set the options to suit them. For example if you don't want to travel down small country lanes then deselect them from the route preferences.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts