Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
That's strange, the E-pace doesn't have IEB (Intelligent emergency brake) it has AEB ( Autonomous Emergency Braking)
here's what the owner info has to say:

Make sure the windscreen is kept clean and the cameras line of sight is not obstructed by labels, stickers, etc. Failure to do so can cause incorrect AEB operation.

When a vehicle is parked outside, in full sunlight and in high ambient temperatures, the forward-facing camera may reach an internal temperature of 99°C. In this state, the instrument panel displays the warning message AEB not available. When the forward-facing camera cools to less than 88°C, normal operation is resumed, and the warning message extinguishes.

William.

G

·
Intelligent Emergency Braking (IEB) is only fitted on vehicles with an adaptive cruise control system. The system functions even if adaptive cruise control and forward alert are switched off.

The purpose of the IEB system is to reduce the impact speed with a slower vehicle ahead when a collision becomes unavoidable.

The IEB system is available at all speeds.

If an imminent risk of a collision occurs, an audible warning is given. If a collision becomes unavoidable, the IEB system applies the brakes at up to maximum pressure. After the IEB system has activated, the instrument panel displays the message IEB System Was Activated. The system is inhibited from further operation until reset by a retailer/authorised repairer.

NOTES
The distance required to slow or stop the vehicle is dependent on the condition of the vehicle's tyres and the current road surface.

The instrument panel displays the message IEB Not available if the radar sensor becomes blocked, e.g., by snow or heavy rain. The instrument panel also displays the message IEB not available if there is a fault in the system. The vehicle can still be driven. The braking system still operates but without IEB assistance. If the radar sensor is not considered to be blocked, consult a retailer/authorised repairer.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well I have adaptive cruise control, and when the warning sign comes up it is not available. So it is the same thing under a different name. Either way its a fault. Another trip to the dealer, but only if I can find a way to repeat it or prove it occurs, as I have found to my disgust that if they don't see the problem they wont fix it. Any ideas as to what causes it and how I can get it repeated. it has occured twice in 1 year so it is not urgent, but I want it fixed before the warrenty expires

·
Registered
94 Posts
It all comes down to the main camera in the windscreen, if this camera can't see for what ever reason the system will show in error or none function,
maybe it overheats or was it raining very hard at the time, who knows ? at least you now know what its about, and can see if anything or nothing is the cause for the next time it happens.

William.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts