Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just ordered a Caldera Red E-Pace R Dynamic S with black pack and heated seats for those cold winter nights.

Its my 33rd car but my first Jag and should be ready around Xmas time.

This forum seems pretty good too which is always a bonus :D

Registered
Congratulations Mrchiggles!

I went to Farnell's new place in Bolton today and asked to see a salesperson. I was asked to wait 5 minutes, and after 20 minutes I asked the receptionist what had happened. I was told the particular salesperson was now with another customer.

This is by no means the first time I've been ignored at Farnell Bolton, or its previous Farnworth incarnation. Each time I've muttered "never again", but eventually had another go with no result, etc., etc.

How do these people ever sell any vehicles?? It's a mystery to me.

Registered
By the way -

Farnell Bolton actually had a demo i-Pace, the first one I've seen. Typically, it was sitting there doing nothing, and not obviously on show. As it was today, they weren't interested in selling me something worth 拢30K+ - I wonder what would have happened if I'd expressed interest in a 拢70K i-Pace?

The whole thing baffles me.

Registered
I went through carwow so I've never actually been to Bolton. Raj who runs their carwow orders is excellent but she has had to help me "unstick" things with the dealers sometimes.

I had a similar experience to you with stratatone in Newcastle where I live. I did a test drive but they constantly ignored my calls / emails - I had to go in eventually to get a quote but they just didn't follow up at all. I had no qualms not buying local whereas in the past I've let a few pounds go in order to buy local thanks to how good the sales team have been.

Just hoping the my2019 models don't have as many after sales issues!!

Registered
It's quite incredible, CGC,. What do these people think they are doing?.

Mrchiggles, I've bought all my Jags from Minster/HA Fox/Inchcap, Preston. But I've fallen out with them now. No idea where to try next. As somebody on this forum or the XE forum said, probably the answer is Carwow, and wherever they happen to send you. I did enquire online about an XE without realizing where it was, and got a VERY efficient response from what turned out to be Marshalls of Ipswich. Just about the most awkward possible inter-UK journey from this neck of the woods!

I ramble........

1 - 10 of 10 Posts