Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
G

·
Can anyone please give me a step by step process of connecting the in control apps on my iPhone to the car ? I have used two different USB cables but it just keeps telling me it cannot connect !

My iPhone connects fine by Bluetooth but not with the USB cable.

I have apps like Spotify on the in control app on my iPhone but just cannot connect

Thank you

G

·
The InControl apps are pointless. I use Spotify everyday and it's so much easier just using it via your phone and Bluetooth. You don't have to wade through very clunky InTouch screens and the functionality on the ICTP screen vis bluetooth is more than sufficient. You have the art work from albums and can control volume via the steering wheel as well as skip tracks forward/back.

The Spotify interface on InTouch Apps really serves no purpose and just gets in the way of enjoying music. It's a classic case of of pointlessness! Stick to your phone......you don't even need a cable!

Hopefully one day Jaguar will sign up to Apple CarPlay like every other manufacturer.

G

·
Wether the incontrol Apps are pointless is not really the point. They should work seamlessly and be available and it is just not good enough that they do not on a premium model of car.

G

·
Alfthered

If connecting by USB cable, where does the password come into this ?

What password are you referring to please ?

G

·
Jenny jaguar said:
Hi have you loaded the jaguar in control app on your phone? That's what Jag asked me and I have but still won't connect!,,
jennyjaguar

Yes, I have the In Control Apps on my phone and my wifes and both do not connect properly. They are both Iphone SE and JLR has said the SE and any Iphone 5 or earlier the In Control App will not work "as expected" So they are not saying they will not connect but don't expect them to work properly.

I tried a few experiments. I tried three different lightning USB cables and non of them connected. I borrowed my friend's Iphone 8 and it worked perfectly on all three cables !! hhhhmmmmm

Then I had an idea, I switched off the wifi and bluetooth on the Iphone SE and just plugged it into the In Control system. It immediately burst into life but did not load completely but certainly went further than before. So maybe JLR have a good point about the 5 and SE not being compatible.

It begs the question to those who can use In Control Apps without problem, can you use your phone connected by the USB and bluetooth at the same time or can you only do one or the other ?

I have just had the Phase 4 update and will try it again tomorrow to see if that makes any difference.

Chris

G

·
Well, I am getting more confused.

So I used my Iphone SE today with Phase 4 software and it works fine in the In Control App and it loaded the apps normally. So now my phone works with the USB cable and is connected via Bluetooth at the same time.

So I guess the Phase 4 upgrade is doing the job correctly at last.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the jaguar remote working but the Jaguar route when in the car a message comes up connection to Iphone 6 failed. Disconnect USB cable from device and reconnect or try restarting device. Another message came up sometimes saying incontrol Apps not available. Ensure Iphone 6 is unlocked and application isinstalled. Visit www.jaguar.com for more details.

On my phone when i log in it comes up Sign in to your in-car system to add your connected vehicle to your account. On line my vin has been added and found. Can anyone help me

Can anyone

·
Registered
44 Posts
Just had a slight problem with my screen freezing,so took it to the dealer yesterday they said they would install new software, so I asked if that would include Apple play they said no that would be £200 so I told them not to bother anyway when I picked the car up it had been polished and cleaned inside ,looking really great, plugged my phone in to usb to charge and Apple car play popped up was amazed, Now my question is please if anyone can help I can't get my phone to sync with the car on Bluetooth tried all the usual like switching on and off both Bluetooth and phone and clearing all past phone connections , if I plug in usb then the phone works fine ,is this normal or do I have a problem

·
Registered
100 Posts
I happened to see on OvalNews than JLR will no longer offer InControl Apps for Range Rover Sport models 2020 onwards:

"Smartphone Pack
Now standard equipment on all Range Rover Sport models. Because of this standardization we have decided to discontinue and remove the InControl Apps from the system."
https://www.ovalnews.com/2019/04/official-2020-range-rover-sport-updates-finally-kill-incontrol-apps-bring-new-p525-rip-supercharged.html

I wonder if this will apply across the JLR range... it really makes no sense to have InControl when Apple Car Play and Android Auto provide much more established app ecosystems.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts