Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
InControl Apps ???

Hi

Does anybody else who has recently bought a new E-Pace (mine is 2 weeks old) have this feature in the "extra features". The current manual/iGuide (see screenshot) says this should be in "extra features". All my other InControl features are present. I do have apple car play / android auto in extra features so I am guessing they have discontinued the InControl apps in place of these ?????. Did ask JLR dealer but they are still awaiting on an answer.

Also if you do have InControl Apps can you see the InControl Apps option on your infotainment screen under extra features??? - have uploaded a photo from the web as well as my extra features screens only show apple car play and android auto plus other features but no InControl Apps option.

Many thanks for any clarifications on this.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
I've just had my E pace updated to include apple car play / android auto and have InControl App. My car is 18 month's old so my be different to yours. Need phone connected by lead then Apps come up but never used them.

Steve

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi - thanks for that. Did already try connecting phone by lead but no luck.

·
Super Moderator
190 Posts
Have you got the Jaguar app on your phone called 'Apps' (as opposed to the Remote or iGuide apps)?

Log in to that and it lists the Incontrol apps you have selected. Perhaps you need to do that before the car shows them?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi - thanks did do that first on the correct app. Then plugged phone into usb but still no "InControl" option on extra features. JLR dealer still awaiting answer but seemed to think they may now have discontinued this in favour of apple car play / android auto so therefore the option won't show in the newer E-Pace cars. Interestingly the brochure for the E-Pace 2020 lists the smartphone pack as apple car play / android auto but InControl apps is no longer listed, so maybe he dealer will turn out to be right.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I've had my car two years now. From the home screen if you swipe left (uk car) the second screen looks like that shown in the handbook. I have InControl apps, then Apple CarPlay, Android Auto etc. When I plug my iPhone into the car the car screen asks me if I want to connect to Apple CarPlay or InControl apps. I have the latest 20B software. Personally I have never tried InControl apps and have only used Apple CarPlay a couple of times, mainly to see what it does.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for your information. I only get the option of Apple Car Play (for my iPhone) so I'm guessing the InControl Apps is possibly now obsolete on newer models. Latest software installed as well. Strange that JLR dealer has still not found an answer but I guess I'll wait and see.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Confirmation from dealer today that the InControl Apps is being phased out and being replaced by Apple Car Play and Android Auto. So some models will still have this feature whilst others won't.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.