Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, in my three weeks of ownership I've got more used to the car and the many features (loving the pan roof). I managed to update sat nav maps, but can't get my 500MB a month to work, nor can I get the InControl apps from my iphone onto the car. I plug it into the USB, fire up the InControl apps app on the phone and the car screen just tells me to connect a phone to the USB.

I don't think I'd use news or weather but would like spotify...although I have no idea whether that app would have to run through my 500MB. Anyway, it should be possible so I want the bloomin' thing!

Going to the dealer this Friday (13th, auspicious) to see if they can help. Many need a software update they say, which is fine. I still can't find out which version of software it's running.

Will report back after Friday.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I had the same problem with the Jaguar supplied SIM when I collected my car last year. It was because the dealer failed to set it up properly at delivery. It should have been supplied with a booklet explaining the registration process. Can't remember all the details now, but I had to sit in my car with my laptop connected to my home Wi-fi. I had to log into the supplied website on my laptop and then press various buttons on the car's screen as prompted by the laptop. Had no problems with it since. I drive about 1,000 miles a month and find the 500Mb adequate for real time traffic, real time rerouting etc. If you start using it as a Wi-fi hotspot then you will eat through it in no time and will be recommended to use a SIM from another supplier. People on this site usually suggest a 3 pay as you go SIM.

·
Registered
79 Posts
If you are having difficulties with InControl or with Apple CarPlay/Android Auto, check the screen on your phone. I use an iPhone and once I have plugged it into the car I have to unlock the phone before the car will recognise it.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay, one problem solved. The USB cable I connected my phone with had an extension thing on it (basically a splitter so you could charge two devices at the same time). Took that off and the incontrol apps side of things is sorted.

The sim card doesn't seem to work though, so the dealer is going to see if the 'phase 4 update' will sort that (?)

G

·
I tried and failed to get the InControl apps to work, but after the latest dealer visit, they have installed Android Auto and Apple Carplay, so didn't bother any further investigation

1 - 5 of 5 Posts