Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My InControl remote has seased to function, worked well for the first two weeks of its life but no longer. An error message comes up saying it has "gone to sleep" and that it will wake up the next time the engine is started - but it doesn't. I've tried rocking it, talking to it and shouting at it very loudly but it will not wake up! Anyone have any ideas as to how to wake it up - or is my battery about to go flat??

·
Registered
161 Posts
Hi Mickd, try opening incontrol app on your phone, in bottom right corner of screen tap three small dots and open settings, scroll up and check that wake up timer is off, sometimes you may have to sign out and back in, if this fails you may have to uninstall/re-install app, hope this helps ,Tony

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nope sorry but that didn't work- what makes it worse is that I just paid £40k for this car and the gimmicks don't work ... it's only three weeks old and it looks like it's going back to the dealers already. My old Audi never had to go back ???

·
Registered
18 Posts
Mickd said:
Nope sorry but that didn't work- what makes it worse is that I just paid £40k for this car and the gimmicks don't work ... it's only three weeks old and it looks like it's going back to the dealers already. My old Audi never had to go back ???
Hi, did you ever find out how to resolve this? I'm experiencing this same issue, so frustrating!

G

·
I assume you are referring to the Jaguar Remote App and not the actual key fob are you ?

Have you tried the latest version of Jaguar Remote, I downloaded it a month ago and it took a bit of getting used to but now I prefer it to the old version and deleted the old version

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi guys I found the solution. You need to log out the app. Delete it from your phone. In the car drive for one mile, then hold the maintenance button in the car for 15 seconds and release. Wait until it returns to normal, not flashing and then re install the app and log in.

·
Registered
17 Posts
jptaylored said:
Hi guys I found the solution. You need to log out the app. Delete it from your phone. In the car drive for one mile, then hold the maintenance button in the car for 15 seconds and release. Wait until it returns to normal, not flashing and then re install the app and log in.
I tried this on mine but it didn't work.
I contacted Jaguar CRC several times and spoke to 4 different people only to be told to report the issue to my Dealer.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Mixonic2 said:
jptaylored said:
I contacted Jaguar CRC several times and spoke to 4 different people only to be told to report the issue to my Dealer.
Epace going in to the dealers on Tuesday they say it sounds like a hardware issue.
Watch this space. :oops:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Mixonic2 said:
Mixonic2 said:
jptaylored said:
Epace going in to the dealers on Tuesday they say it sounds like a hardware issue.
Watch this space. :oops:
So got the car back and problem all fixed by a software upgrade.
They now tell me that the SIM card interface module has been damaged in the past and needs replacing.
The SIM has never worked and will cost £310 to have it replaced. Still negotiating with the dealer as a warrenty issue.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts