Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just received an email saying the InControl subscription is expiring soon.

I'm somewhat miffed by this, the dealer implied it was being sold with a three year subscription (back in May). I've not even had a year from it, but that's a different story.

My question is, what will stop working?

I've never used the hotspot or remote start, so that'll be no loss. Nor "where's the car now?" and "Beep and Flash" if they stopped. The tracker is nice but I don't feel the car is that attractive to thieves so no great loss there either. But what about the sat-nav? What else will stop? OTA updates? Recent journeys? The email says the Remote App will continue to work but will it be mostly blank?

Sadly the renewal price seems seems hard to justify for what are mostly toys.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Mine has expired too. As far as i can see the app on my phone became useless ie the one to lock unlock etc, my sim expired and some message about the sat nav but doesn't concern me as i use android auto.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I thought £57 for 2 years was quite good value for the Remote app. I do use the remote start / heating and the 'where's my car'. I also renewed the sat nav subscription for £129 for 3 years, this is a separate subscription.

I can't remember how much the roadside assistance was, but that seemed much more expensive than other providers so I didn't renew that. Apparently if I hit the Assistance button the AA would now come but would charge me. The SOS button remains live at no cost I'm told.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I thought £57 for 2 years was quite good value for the Remote app. I do use the remote start / heating and the 'where's my car'. I also renewed the sat nav subscription for £129 for 3 years, this is a separate subscription.

I can't remember how much the roadside assistance was, but that seemed much more expensive than other providers so I didn't renew that. Apparently if I hit the Assistance button the AA would now come but would charge me. The SOS button remains live at no cost I'm told.
Aye, that wouldn't be too bad, but the only thing that I can renew is the tracker at £235 (or £376 for 2 years). That's a lot of money for a feature I don't really need so I won't renew that. There's no option to renew other parts of the subscription, sadly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts