Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

Sorry for my English I'm French;)
I have had a D150 AWD e-pace for a few months, and I am surprised by how incrontol works.
I listen to the mp3s on a usb key. Since update 19C_19.46.4.458.817 (Update 20B is not available in SOTA for the moment), each time the vehicle is started, incontrol does not remember where the music left off. The music starts again from the beginning of the album (the 1st track).

Is the problem only with my car or is it present in everyone?

Thanks for your help

·
Registered
35 Posts
The SOTA update is not available to everyone yet, I don't know how JLR decide who is eligible and in what order but my car is a January 2020 build, UK car, and SOTA is not available for me.
The car was delivered to me with outdated software which Parks Jaguar called "phase 3". The WiFi facility and therefore SOTA was not available and the USB sockets would only work as charging points.
Parks installed 19C in February, activating WiFi and SOTA but no improvement with USB. I can plug in phones, memory sticks, micro SD cards fitted to USB readers and the InControl sees they are there and displays the device name but are greyed out and cannot be selected for use. The only thing I have found to work 50% of the time is an old iphone 5S but even then this can stop playing mid track as the media system crashes meaning I can't select any other media, be that DAB or Bluetooth. I can even unplug the iphone and it will still show as attached even after stopping the car, locking and leaving it a while and returning. I don't even bother turning it on anymore, I connect my work phone for business calls and drive in silence.
I suspect there is a potential issue with a batch or batches of boards containing the USB and HDMI ports but according to Jag, these are not a replaceable item.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have no other issues with the car but covering up to 300 miles a day before lockdown, a functioning media system is a priority for me. I get the feeling the Jaguar have already washed their hands of this system and are developing a new system for the next generation cars.
My neighbour has an RR Sport, twice the price of my e-pace, and still has USB issues although not as extreme as mine.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My D180 AWD keeps on playing Track one every time at startup. I have a memory stick and a portable hard drive, and both units keep on starting back to track one. Any ideas how to resolve this problem?

·
Registered
108 Posts
I use a USB stick with 33GB music on it....everytime i start the car it takes too long for the car to read the USB stick, so the radio starts playing after a minute or so....a few minutes later i can start the USB stick and it starts then where it stopped the last time. It is just annoying when you stop and start a lot because then the usb is unusable. I use a Sandisk 3.0 USB stick 64GB.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I've never tried to play music direct from a usb stick, but as far as I know it just reads and plays the list of files from beginning to end. When you restart the car the tracks go back to 1. There is no software to control which track is played. I always stream music from my phone or from an ancient iPod. Reading reviews of other makes of cars, it seems to be a regular discussion point.

·
Registered
107 Posts
boba said:
I've never tried to play music direct from a usb stick, but as far as I know it just reads and plays the list of files from beginning to end. When you restart the car the tracks go back to 1. There is no software to control which track is played. I always stream music from my phone or from an ancient iPod. Reading reviews of other makes of cars, it seems to be a regular discussion point.
I use a USB stick and it plays from where it left off, when restarting the car.
Not sure why GaryJ's restarts from track 1 each time.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Mine is the same as Jiggyjag, occasionally will go to start of track 1, this is usually when car has gone into " sleep" mode, or if battery is low due to lack of use

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.