Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the factors for me in deciding which E-Pace to buy has been insurance premiums. I asked the insurer (Admiral) to quote for two extremes: a D150S Manual AWD, and a D180SE auto AWD, figuring that those two would give me a rough idea of premiums for all the models in between.

I was surprised to find that the difference in annual fully-comp premium for the two was ... a tenner. The D150S manual was £399.52, and the D180SE auto £409.44. Not a factor in the buying choice at all then, even although the cars' base prices are nearly £5,000 apart. I asked the agent to check again and he said: "We treat both cars as being in Group 28, so that's why there is so little variation."

Does that match the experience of any of you?

G

·
There are a lot of variations on car insurance, age, where you live, NCD etc etc but your figures are in line with quotes I got from confused and compare but I ended up with direct line as my home insurance is with them too

·
Registered
161 Posts
I contacted the insurer of my XE, 180 hp Portfolio, Halifax, and asked to transfer to E- Pace, they couldn't offer cover, I did "compare the market", cost £240, just renewed with "quote me happy" £296

·
Registered
30 Posts
Insurance seems to be really odd, my wife's P250 R-Dynamic with loads of extras priced at over £45000 costs £33 a year more to insure than my 10 year old Honda CRV worth around £6000
Identical policys and drivers.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Not that odd really. I bet you treat the £45,000 car much more carefully than the £6,000 one. Well, perhaps not you personally, but statistically over all the car owners there will be a significant reduction of risk for an expensive car.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Taurus said:
I contacted the insurer of my XE, 180 hp Portfolio, Halifax, and asked to transfer to E- Pace, they couldn't offer cover, I did "compare the market", cost £240, just renewed with "quote me happy" £296
Just moved over from an XE 180 D R Dynamic. Have a multi car policy with Admiral. The quote for my new E Pace P 200, was cheaper by about £20. Really pleased.

Asked Jaguar Insurance for a quote and it was nearly double the Admiral price!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts