Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have it coming from passenger pillar, again appears to be behind seatbelt panel, kicks in above 75mph so nothing they can do about as can only test to 70mph.
Seriously annoying.
This will be my first and last Jag.
Appalling after care and wait times.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ohhh, interior rattles. Plenty from both front doors/door pillar. Passenger door rattles so much, it went into Jag for repair..... and is now vibrating and buzzing like mad again. Same on the drivers side now....

Oh, dashboard rattles and there is an annoying transmission tunnel buzz and it resonate's like mad.

Pretty crap quality car really but looks the nuts, always get asked questions about it and "lovely car" comments.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I would love to hear what the problem was if you ever get it sorted.
I was looking forward to owning one of these but the rattle at speed from the passenger pillar is driving me to despair.
I cannot locate it. Jaguar won't deal with it as occurs over 70.
What a complete cop -out. Never buy another. Dream shattered fir me 👍

·
Registered
79 Posts
In 2 years that I've had mine it has probably been the most rattle free car I've had in 50 years of car ownership. That said, I've had a rattle a few times from the passenger side B pillar and it's been when the seatbelt got twisted and the buckle was hitting the pillar.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I do wonder if anyone from Jaguar read these?
The F pace forum is full off the same issue with rattling behind passenger pillar.
Someone must know something as it seriously lets the car down. £40k + for a rattling noisy vehicle is disgusting.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Pjm said:
I do wonder if anyone from Jaguar read these?
The F pace forum is full off the same issue with rattling behind passenger pillar.
Someone must know something as it seriously lets the car down. £40k + for a rattling noisy vehicle is disgusting.
I hear ya! Mine was also over £40K and I've got this buzzing/rattle coming from the LH B Pillar that started at 5K miles. It now has 5500 miles and is getting worse. My first Jag and I knew this car would be junk, but my wife loved the look, so I only got it for 3 years. I'm just thankful that it is still running fine, but I'm not even half way through the PCP, so time will tell. Sure I could waste a half day at the dealer while they do nothing and then tell me they can't reproduce the noise, but is it worth the bother? Just take your lumps, turn up the radio (as long as it continues to work) and not buy another JLR product, but as Pjm said, rattling in a £40K+ vehicle after 5K miles is disgusting.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Had a ticking kind of noise (metallic) for a few days when driving on speed bumps or deteriorate roads. It sounded like coming from the boot or rear passenger seat, searched everywhere, even asked a friend to check with me, taking everything out of the boot.. nothing could be found. It was driving me mad.

Went to my dealer without an appointment, the mechanic sat at the rear, heard it, sat in the boot, suggested it came from under the car, checked and found a rigid brake cable not fixed properly that went tapping.
Fixed in 20min, I'm pleasantly surprised by the aftersale department (Audi's was awful).

I briefly checked under the car but it never occured to me to check through the rim !

·
Registered
295 Posts
Although this will not cure everything you will be amazed how much coating all the rubbers with Gummi Plege or similar dedicated rubber lubricant can help for months ata time. It's less than a tenner from detailing suppliers or Amazon. Stock is low at present having just checked but worth seeking out.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Pwood said:
Although this will not cure everything you will be amazed how much coating all the rubbers with Gummi Plege or similar dedicated rubber lubricant can help for months ata time. It's less than a tenner from detailing suppliers or Amazon. Stock is low at present having just checked but worth seeking out.
Agreed - I had a number of squeaks and rattles. Coating the rubber door seals etc. Eliminated them.

·
Registered
82 Posts
New car delivered on 4 June, severe dashboard rattle when driving on slightly rough road surface. Narrowed it down to the instrument cluster area (when I tap on the top, I can hear it rattle). That's pretty darn poor quality control over there in the factory... I already contacted the dealer about it...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Same problems, started with front pillar rattle on pick up from dealer. Went in , seemed to fix for short time, now back intermittently along with front drivers piller and now center drivers piller
I don't want a car that has to be stripped down to find rattles, as car has many other issues dealer offered to replace car but now seems to be back peddling.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Martie said:
Same problems, started with front pillar rattle on pick up from dealer. Went in , seemed to fix for short time, now back intermittently along with front drivers piller and now center drivers piller
I don't want a car that has to be stripped down to find rattles, as car has many other issues dealer offered to replace car but now seems to be back peddling.
Had the car in a few weeks ago and my dash rattle (see post above yours) actually narrowed down to A-pillar as well. Need to come in again. Now it was just pushed back (apparently something broke off) completely loose and rattling of course. They provided some nice black finger print smudges on the tan pillar and roof trim upon return :roll: < 1000 km on the clock.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have it coming from passenger pillar, again appears to be behind seatbelt panel, kicks in above 75mph so nothing they can do about as can only test to 70mph.
Seriously annoying.
This will be my first and last Jag.
Appalling after care and wait times.
I think I have found it, it seems to be the undertray. You can move it by hand and it makes the same sound in the passenger pillar

·
Registered
3 Posts
hi anybody had issues with internal rattle from inside b pillar cheers
I think I have found it, it seems to be the undertray. You can move it by hand and it makes the same sound in the passenger pillar
[SOLVED] I think you are correct. My ePace went back to Harwoods Jaguar to sort the B Pillar rattle out. AND YES they fixed it. A loose clip securing the under tray (i.e under the car). Interesting when you think about the structure of the car…noises can transverse from under the car and come out of the pillars. I spent ages trying to track it down inside the pillar. Including taking the trim of and damping any plastic parts. Good job done by Harwoods Basingstoke

Whilst resolved, I have to say I would not recommend a Jag e-Pace based on clunks and rattles. Mines 1 year old, door panels creek and suspension clunks when going over bumps. Jag’s comment - there nothing wrong. Sad as my Audi Q5 was much more robust in that area

1 - 20 of 21 Posts