Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys,
I was just wandering if you could be of any help....

In December I bought my wife a beautiful black E-Pace, second hand, less than 6 months old, 19'000 Km on it.
Very happy with the purchase overall. Actually it's a fantastic car.

Since the beginning the car had the parking sensors not functioning. Putting in reverse the sensor symbol stays greyed out, don't get any sound, nor from front not from rear obstacles. Rear camera works well. All other electronics works fine.

Early Janauary I book a check with Jaguar Service, to fix the issue; I live in Italy, took the car to their place for one full day and got it back still not functioning. "It's an electronic problem we have ordered a spare part", " .... we'll call you and book the car in for the replacement of the part as soon as we have it".
Some 15 days ago they call me, and we agree for taking again the car to the workshop for yesterday. Again I take the car to the workshop, and Yesterday afternoon they call me, saying the problem is not fixed, they need to keep the car for more days. I ask for a replacement car, at least to be able to go back home, and they don't have one available, considering the very short notice. I explain them I need the car back, even if not fixed yet. And there we go... I get the car back with the issue unsolved.

I don't undrstand how an official dealer is not able to fix, first shot, such a basic, unfortunate, mafunction of the electronics. Anyone got the same issue?

Of course, I took the chance being there to ask to have the Infotainment Software updated to the latest version, and I have been asked 300€ to do that. Said no, I will stay to the one I have.

Now, two months are gone since I have detected the issue, I have taken the car to Jaguar workshop twice already, the parking sensors are still not working and it looks as if they have no clue what to do next. Any advice?

G

·
DanOz

We talked about this on a Facebook group and it seems quite a few owners have similar problems. My rear sensors work fine but once or twice decide not to work but my front sensors decide for themselves whether they work or not which is annoying. They rarely come on automatically so usually I press the soft button to make them work.

Your not alone. The software is just not stable which is disappointing 😞

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks ctoneman, I did some googling on the topic, but didn't find that much on the proximity sensor issue; I found a test-review on the E Pace on cnet.com where the testers had the exact same issue as me, but that's all I found.

This is an extract from the article:

" Worse, the ultrasonic parking proximity sensors, standard equipped on our First Edition, also didn't work. Touch Pro showed them as "inactive" when starting the car, leaving me with a greyed-out icon in its interface. That also meant that I couldn't use the standard parking steering assist at all, since the technology uses the same sensors. (A Google search revealed that I'm not the only JLR driver to experience issues with the company's sonar sensors.) This doesn't bode well considering this British automaker's bad reputation for unreliable vehicles."

do you have any other link? I am more suspecting an hardware issue, because if it was software it should be affecting a bigger number of users, I guess.
By the way , the car is equpped with In Control Touch Pro version 2017B.11-3771

·
Registered
97 Posts
Not sure if everyone knows this but the front parking sensors will only come on automatically if you have just had the car in reverse otherwise you need to press the button on the dash to activate them

·
Registered
15 Posts
Mine work all the time. I had a few issues when I first got the car but I read somewhere the with the XE it had the same issue and you had to hold the button for 3 seconds to turn it on, I did that and also if you do the reverse trick to make it work then go into settings while it's on you can set them to automatic and set the trajectory lines. Mine work all the time they are just less sensitive than my F-Pace.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts