Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone noticed over these past few days that some Jaguar dealerships are offering incentives on new Jaguars including the E Pace in the shape of a free 5 years service plan? Like many others on here, when I ordered my E Pace in August, absolutely nothing was offered, not even an air freshener. I challenged my dealer about this as yet I still haven't received my car and his answer was a very blunt no as 'they have been given additional support from the manufacturer for stock units only'. This sort of stuff really boils my blood as I feel early buyers are being penalised.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Couldn't agree more... my dealer really milked the fact I was prepared to be (relatively) early. They offered no discount, no upgrades and offered well below average as trade in. Even their PCP offer was by the book with no dealer contribution.

I've seen some offers that would actually mean I would be better off if I cancelled my order and lost my £1k deposit..

Whilst the overall buying experience was very pleasant, this type of greed does leave a bitter taste. I suppose there is the argument that no one forced us to place early orders but like you, one would think we should be able to get something in return for early commitment.

On the bright side Jaguar sent me some Growler dust caps.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Flathead
If I could find a stock car with the same spec as I have ordered, I would cancel as I had exactly the same experience as you. I managed to sell my previous car private as the trade in offer was insulting to say the least. My whole Jaguar experience for me has not been good, I visited 3 dealers in total and found them all to have a sense of arrogance about them all.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi,

We have been unable to get any kind of discount either. From the beginning our dealer has been completely upfront about it and delivery dates. He did however get us onto a Jaguar Art of Performance Day at Brands Hatch, which was a spectacularly good day out.

G

·
It's called supply and demand.....if you demand a car when there's no supply, you pay more. That's the beauty of capitalism. Wait a year and you'll get discounts.....but then discounts mean residual values suffer, so basically you can't win.

The plastic value covers are a fabulous treat. The box and packaging probably cos 10x the plastic caps.

·
Registered
15 Posts
So has anyone managed to blag much discount off the list price or have any extras thrown in for free? We're going the dealers to look at moving to the e-pace from the XE and it'd be good to have some idea of what we can expect in terms of incentives.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Colin666
Expect a crap trade in price for your own car and loads of bull saying their hands are tied by the manufacturer but they'll give you lifeshine at a discount out of the goodness of their hearts.

·
Registered
15 Posts
haha, is it really this bad? The best I can look forward to is some free carpets?!

I got the XE when it was in high demand/short supply back in 2015 and they were discounting that by at least 10% across many dealers without any effort, I was hoping for similar this time around. Ah well...

·
Registered
22 Posts
I've been offered a decent discount through Carwow, but the part exchange price offered by the dealer isn't great, leading me to think the poor part exchange is what is funding the discount! All smoke and mirrors - If only I was a cash buyer :-(

·
Registered
13 Posts
Snowy said:
I've been offered a decent discount through Carwow, but the part exchange price offered by the dealer isn't great, leading me to think the poor part exchange is what is funding the discount! All smoke and mirrors - If only I was a cash buyer :-(
Don't think you're missing out particularly. All my recent cars have been cash purchases and you can see the look of disappointment on the salesman's face when I say you don't need finance.

They are much happier selling through finance and collecting their commission these days giving them a bigger profit margin to butter you up with.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I ordered my e pace back in the summer and wasn't offered anything on even the Union Jack wheels centres at £31 was foc.

I have been to 3 jaguar dealers over the past year and bad service at them all. Not happy where we got the e pace from last month, but ended up using them as sales guy was good.

I have had land rovers for 6 years and dealer has been faultless. When we got the disco sport at launch there wasn't anything free, but a few weeks later when 5 years service plan came out the dealer gave it to us. Can see this happening with jag dealer.

We had very poor service with the f type.
How can jag and Land Rover dealers be so different.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Frp1
I was beginning to think it was just me that felt that way.
I could have written that post of yours as I too have had Land Rovers for the past 6 years with no problems and been to 3 Jaguar dealers. You are correct, how could Land Rover and Jaguar dealers be so different. I do hope your right about the service pack.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Supply & Demand...exactly..it was the same old story with the Evoque all those years ago, now to-day history is just repeating itself, if you want to be the new kid on the block with the new and nicest shiny Jaguar, you will pay that top dollar price.
If it's extra's that you want ......!!!!!!!!this comment edited out, apology to anyone offended.....!!!!!!
If it's discounts that you want buy cars from the orient or south Korea.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts