Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I was looking the buy my E-Pace I asked a lot of questions and did my research. I was told, by four Sales people that it had a "Mirror did when reversing" facility. I also looked at the i Guide and this was clearly described as to how it operated. What I now find is that it only has this facility if you spend circa £1000 extra on the memory facility option for the seats. The i Guide and, I subsequently find is that, the Owners Handbook says exactly what it says in the i Guide (No surprises there I suppose). When even the Dealers sales people are unsure about this facility how is the Customer supposed to find out?
Following delivery I realised that there was no Service Record Book with the vehicle. Then, looking at the handbook I discover that it has what is called OSH (Online Service History). This is completed by the servicing main dealership who say thay can prvide a printout of the history for Customers. Why can't Customers access this information themselves, after all they pay for the servicing, and will dealership make a charge for printing this information?
Further to this OSH issue I discovered that the vehicle has what is referred to as a "flexible service" feature which is supposed to take driving styles and conditions into account. To assist the owner there is supposed to be a feature in the "Instrument Panel", under "Vehicle Info" called "Next Service" there is supposed to be a "Service Interval Indicator". This is supposed to show when the "distance left until the next service is due". Well not on my E Pace!!! I am now told by the dealer that they have found that, for unknown reasons, some vehicles don't have this and mine is one of them. Therefore, I should have the vehicle serviced after 12 months or 16,00 miles. What a crock of S***.
Jaguar seem to totally disregard what information they give to prospective customers when they build their cars and do whatever they feel like at the time.
Does anyone else feel like I do about the way Jaguar give "Miss Information" to both customers and their own dealerships?

·
Registered
34 Posts
I believe service information is on only when ignition is started but without engine running.
I have tried and the service info is displayed as described.
Agree about mirror reversing issue thought it was a software issue not only available with memory seats, Why?
Facility is useful to a single or multi driver vehicle

·
Registered
34 Posts
I believe service information is on only when ignition is started but without engine running.
I have tried and the service info is displayed as described.
Agree about mirror reversing issue thought it was a software issue not only available with memory seats, Why?
Facility is useful to a single or multi driver vehicle

·
Registered
93 Posts
Oggie13 said:
When I was looking the buy my E-Pace I asked a lot of questions and did my research. I was told, by four Sales people that it had a "Mirror did when reversing" facility. I also looked at the i Guide and this was clearly described as to how it operated. What I now find is that it only has this facility if you spend circa £1000 extra on the memory facility option for the seats. The i Guide and, I subsequently find is that, the Owners Handbook says exactly what it says in the i Guide (No surprises there I suppose). When even the Dealers sales people are unsure about this facility how is the Customer supposed to find out?
Following delivery I realised that there was no Service Record Book with the vehicle. Then, looking at the handbook I discover that it has what is called OSH (Online Service History). This is completed by the servicing main dealership who say thay can prvide a printout of the history for Customers. Why can't Customers access this information themselves, after all they pay for the servicing, and will dealership make a charge for printing this information?
Further to this OSH issue I discovered that the vehicle has what is referred to as a "flexible service" feature which is supposed to take driving styles and conditions into account. To assist the owner there is supposed to be a feature in the "Instrument Panel", under "Vehicle Info" called "Next Service" there is supposed to be a "Service Interval Indicator". This is supposed to show when the "distance left until the next service is due". Well not on my E Pace!!! I am now told by the dealer that they have found that, for unknown reasons, some vehicles don't have this and mine is one of them. Therefore, I should have the vehicle serviced after 12 months or 16,00 miles. What a crock of S***.
Jaguar seem to totally disregard what information they give to prospective customers when they build their cars and do whatever they feel like at the time.
Does anyone else feel like I do about the way Jaguar give "Miss Information" to both customers and their own dealerships?
Good Morning Oggie13.

Thank you for post.

I am concerned to learn of your comments. I can assure you that this is not the desired experience we wish our customers to have.

Should you require any assistance please do not hesitate to contact me via PM with the following information:

Your Vehicle Identification Number (VIN)
Your contact details
The details of the retailer you have been in contact with

And I will be happy to advise further.

Many Thanks

Dan - Jaguar UK

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Dan - Jaguar UK, thank you for your response. I'm new to this forum, as well as to Jaguar, so I don't l know what you mean by PM (Private Message perhaps?), neither do I know how to do this.

Thanks to graham14 I have resolved the Service Interval Indicator issue; I had obviously missed anything in the manual and the I Guide that referred to not having the engine running when looking for this.

However, I still have an issue with Jaguar about the way information about non-available functions are/are not shown in the Owners' Manual and I Guide. I am aware that in some instances a note is inserted about possible issues of this type but not with the mirror dipping function. I question whether simply saying that a function or system "is dependent on the specification of the vehicle" is sufficiently adequate or acceptable to a potential owner. When several Jaguar Sales People are sure that a function is available it clearly suggests that some additional information should be available, for each model, as to what is not available on any given model that is available on others. The Jaguar Build web site clearly states what the standard specification is for each model but having looked carefully at each model of E Pace to decide which one best suits my needs I still saw no information about just where the "Mirror dip when reversing" was or was not available.

I wonder how many other new E Pace owners have had the disappointment, when getting to know their new car, that something that they thought was going to be there, and is a really important function to them, was not.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts