Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just had an email from Jaguar telling me about the new features in the Remote App.
Apparently, it will now actually notify you if you've left the car unlocked for more than 15 minutes with the engine turned off.

I know the Remote App divides oppinion, but I find it quite useful.
However, getting to my point, the mail says that you need the latest version of the App fotr the new feature to work but omits to say just what that version is?

My version is 1.81 but I don't see anywhere on the App where I can check to see if that is the latest? Or does it update itself automatically?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I've just looked on Google Play services and it seems the (Android) app was updated from 1.8.1 to the latest version 2.8.1 on 21/12/2021 so it doesn't look like it updates automatically.

I'd like the new features and bug fixes of the new version but I'm wary of downloading a second version just yet.
Will it overwrite the existing one and retain all my info and settings? I've mailed customer services to ask.
I won't hold my breath.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Mine is 2.8.3 as stated on the page you get from the 'More' button in the app, thats on iOS (Apple). It has the new warning feature as I have had it come up a few times. It upgraded itself, and all I had to do was log back in next time I used it. Settings etc. all stayed, in fact it looks pretty much identical.

·
Registered
50 Posts
This feature saved my bacon a few weeks ago, I accidentally didn’t lock the car and left the keys in the car and wondered off around some RHS gardens. Then I got the notification, so was able to lock the car remotely using the app and carry on What I was doing. When I eventually returned to the car I unlocked it with the app. it’s a great little feature.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Nice feature when it works BUT since forever the app is slow to update and umpteen refreshes are required for the app to update that it’s locked when I know 100% it is. Android on S21 so kinda not outdated tech being used either. Any idea what network Jag use for their data if it’s an EE carrier then I know the culprit as they are hopeless for coverage in my area in pockets.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was pleasantly surprised today to get a reply from customer services detailing how to update the Remote app on Android. (Apple iOS may update itself but the Android one doesn't)

Firstly, delete the old one obvs,;) then download the new Remote app from the Google Play store.
The new app latest version is 2.8.2 released on 9th February 2022.
Sign in and all your previous settings and journeys are all still there with several new features and a fresher looking interface.
The app will now give for diesel cars... (petrol and ev will be different )
DEF fluid range.
DPF info whether filter is clean and efficient or not.
Service - miles to next service.
And the aforementioned reminder if you've left the car unlocked.

First impressions are promising.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've just had an email from Jaguar telling me about the new features in the Remote App.
Apparently, it will now actually notify you if you've left the car unlocked for more than 15 minutes with the engine turned off.

However, getting to my point, the mail says that you need the latest version of the App fotr the new feature to work but omits to say just what that version is?

My version is 1.81 but I don't see anywhere on the App where I can check to see if that is the latest? Or does it update itself automatically?

·
Registered
10 Posts
In the App Store on iOS there are two very similar looking remote apps. Only one of them offers the extra functionality, I have downloaded both and they load all your personal and trip info which is stored on the server so no danger of loosing any data. They will both work if loaded on same device so it’s easy to compare. It looks like jag have launched a new app instead up updating the old one or removing the old one.

·
Registered
103 Posts

Mine constantly tells me it’s unlocked when it isn’t

·
Registered
92 Posts
Useful being able to unlock my car the other day with the app when the key fob battery died without warning. I had a spare battery in the car ……

1 - 10 of 10 Posts