Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Blue Al said:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-47564225

Please publish the full list of models or engines here...and which need software or further upgrades

Mine is in transit now, 180 d engine

Will it arrive as normal or be held to be upgraded?

If it is held prior to delivery past brexit am I liable for tax hike, if so please deliver now....the tree huggers can wait
Good Morning Blue AI

Thank you for your post.

I can confirm that a recall will be released shortly for a software update. Customers will receive written communication, should their vehicle be affected.

Many Thanks

Dan - Jaguar UK

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Many thanks Dan

Seems I'll have to find out via the bbc or my own sources then, as my car has yet to arrive with the dealer

Let's have a gentlemans agreement to see who can find and post the information 1st,
if people relied solely on communication with their dealers there wouldn't be any need for a forum :D

·
Registered
94 Posts
According to Autocar the recall affects both petrol and diesel cars.

I'm a little concerned that this "software update" might affect performance or economy as was the case with many of the vehicles recalled by VW following "dieselgate".

If my car is recalled I'll certainly want to understand the likely impact before the update is performed.

·
Registered
94 Posts
For more information here is the Autocar article :

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/industry/jaguar-land-rover-recalls-44000-cars-over-co2-emissions

... and here is an item from the Sunday Times concerning the impact of VW's modifications to customers cars post "dieselgate".

https://www.driving.co.uk/news/dieselgate-readers-complain-new-issues-vw-fix/

The latter in particular makes worrying reading. If JLR's fix causes a similar level of problems then it will be bad for JLR and bad for owners of their vehicles. Note that this latter article makes the point that VW owners were not forced to take the update - it was voluntary. Now, who wants to be first in the queue?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This is from the jaguars mouth....

I win on both counts, real information from official source, delivered to the forum
and it's not a enhancement related to my soon to be delivered E pace diesel which is a win/win

Dear me..aka Blue Al...
Protected due to GDP...lol

Jaguar is conducting an Emissions Recall following the identification of CO2 performance variability with certain 2018 Model Year Jaguar E PACE vehicles fitted with 2.0L petrol engines.

Affected vehicles do not consistently achieve the expected levels of CO2 emissions during the course of Conformity of Production (CoP) testing and as such are being rectified to ensure the correct CO2 performance is dependably achieved.

The modifications made to affected vehicles will be made free of charge and every effort will be made to minimise any inconvenience that may be caused during the short time required for the work to be carried out.

All owners of potentially affected vehicles will shortly receive a letter in the post inviting them to contact a Jaguar Land Rover authorised repairer for the work to be carried out.

I apologise for any inconvenience that this may cause. If I can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me as I would be more than happy to help where possible.

Yours sincerely,...Gdpr

I'm keeping my sources under wraps... :mrgreen:

·
Registered
86 Posts
The start stop feature seems to have stopped working as soon as winter arrived. So I would be happy for it to come back. As for the rest, one of the reasons for buying the e-pace is how nice it drives. If this changes significantly then it goes back. I suspect that the changes will not affect the the way I drive it and I will not notice the changes. We shall see.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Found a mention in TOPIx:

Outstanding Campaigns

H185 - ENGINE SYSTEM UPGRADE

Since I'm so fed up with that sh*tty infotainment system, I was just waiting for something like that...

·
Registered
195 Posts
I went to my dealer today to make an appointment for a second attempt to get Phase 4 (or even Phase 5) - they didn't know about the recall and the upgrade seemed not to be available yet. There's no outstanding alert in the OSH, only in TOPIx.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts