Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently having intermittent issues with starting my e-pace. About 1 in 3 times, I can unlock the car, but when I push the start button I get a "Key not recognized" message, with an instruction to place the key under the steering wheel and try again. Having identified the correct location in the manual for the key and then placed it, I find that the engine still will not start. Also the car will no longer lock. However if I return in an hour or so, things will work as normal. Anyone had the same problem?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. Car is only 6 months old and using the second key, which I have barely used, did not solve the problem

·
Registered
93 Posts
Trevor C said:
I am currently having intermittent issues with starting my e-pace. About 1 in 3 times, I can unlock the car, but when I push the start button I get a "Key not recognized" message, with an instruction to place the key under the steering wheel and try again. Having identified the correct location in the manual for the key and then placed it, I find that the engine still will not start. Also the car will no longer lock. However if I return in an hour or so, things will work as normal. Anyone had the same problem?
Good Morning Trevor C

Thank you for your post.

I would like to take the opportunity to investigate this for you.

May I request that you send me a PM with your Vehicle Identification Number and I will escalate this with our Technical Team.

Many Thanks

Dan - Jaguar UK

·
Registered
3 Posts
Good Morning Trevor C

Thank you for your post.

I would like to take the opportunity to investigate this for you.

May I request that you send me a PM with your Vehicle Identification Number and I will escalate this with our Technical Team.

Many Thanks

Dan - Jaguar UK

1 - 6 of 6 Posts