Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked my D180 up on Friday and went for a run round the lakes yesterday, the car was very comfortable and returned 53 mpg for a sedate 100 mile round trip, def better than the evoque
I was not happy with the steering as sometimes the car tried to have a mind of its own in fact the wife even commented that we seemed to wander a bit. Did a bit of reading and thought that the problem might be down to the KLA system and in fact went in to the dealer today and he confirmed that the KLA did affect the steering and actually took it off.
As a result the car is now fully under the drivers control and responds accordingly

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hi Brian,

I need to ask what is the KLA system. I have only done 150 miles and did think the steering was a bit light through some of the country roads I was on. Could you explain a bit more.

Thanks
PhilS

·
Registered
47 Posts
From my understanding there are three settings. Off, vibrate where the steering wheel gives a tactile warning and finally one where the steering actually corrects the drift. I use the vibrate which works well.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I hated it - took it off after couple of days. Mine moved the steering wheel and I was nowhere near the line or near anybody else. Husband took it on the motorway and said it was really pulling so we disabled it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts