Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apologies if this has been asked before but I want to know where the battery is located please? We have a 2018 D180. We have got the low battery warning and so I was going to plug my C-TEK charger in but I can't see where the battery is.

The guidance from Jaguar says something like "consult your dealer" - brilliant!!!

Thank you

·
Registered
107 Posts
I would charge via the boost points in the engine compartment, rather than the battery directly.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Hi, the battery is under the bonnet, top right hand corner, need to to remove 5 or 6 twist and turn plastic screws, Tony.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hi Iggy. The BATTERY CHARGER thread in faults and technical would probably help you. Having bought my CTEK charger in early Dec and used over Xmas while the car was not being used for about ten days, I now do not get the low battery warnings, probably like you little use over the last few months.
pete1952. P200 R Dynamic S Auto . Mar 2019. 4000 mls.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks very much for the replies which solved my problem.

I have now found the battery and I accessed the top of it quite easily. On the top of the terminals there are two chunky posts with nothing connected to them - they look as though they are designed for connecting external power to.

Its now on trickle charge which I assume will work fine. If not I'll report back!!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Jampie said:
Jiggyjag said:
I would charge via the boost points in the engine compartment, rather than the battery directly.
Where are the boost points then ? Only on top of the battery i see charge points.....
I think they mean the jump start terminals but I've not had a look.
Advice for the XE was not to connect charger direct to battery as it confused the battery condition module (think it was called that), instead there was a +ve terminal and negative post in the engine compartment.
I assumed it would be the same with the E-Pace.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Jiggyjag said:
Jampie said:
Jiggyjag said:
Where are the boost points then ? Only on top of the battery i see charge points.....
I think they mean the jump start terminals but I've not had a look.
Advice for the XE was not to connect charger direct to battery as it confused the battery condition module (think it was called that), instead there was a +ve terminal and negative post in the engine compartment.
I assumed it would be the same with the E-Pace.
No extra jump start terminals in the E-Pace; they are on top of the battery.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.