Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi has anyone else been receiving the low battery warning after the latest over the air software update?
Have driven the car for a number of 30 minute+ trips but still getting the message intermittently.
Before I book it in I thought I'd check if it was a known issue.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Not had that with mine being worse after the software update. Operative word being worse as mine is going in to get checked whilst in for a couple of other faults. The extra load of the install on your battery may have pushed yours over the edge, the type of battery fitted is the issue coupled with the sheer amount of systems that switch on as soon as you go near the car inside.

For info If the red hazard warning triangle is lit up slightly then the car has gone into full prep to go mode. This was conveyed to me by a Jag tech a couple of days ago.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi did you get any answers when your car was checked over?
I've just had the service department on the phone to say the first they can look at the car for a diagnostic test is 15 July, that the battery isn't covered under the warranty and that I might have to pay £150 for the diagnostic test if it's not a warranty issue.
I just don't want to risk building up costs that Jaguar will wiggle out of covering. Would like to have a bit more detail behind me before commiting.

·
Registered
161 Posts
As Pwood points out, battery is under lots of load, software update to infotainment system won't by itself cause low battery warning, the battery needs charging, just driving around won't restore full charge, you will need a smart type charger to restore it, the fee that your dealer is asking is to re-charge the battery and then to load test it, (labour workshop time storage etc), why no warranty ? is it over 3 years old ? if not, it's still in warranty, if yes, take it to an independent, you could have the battery tested anyway so you can approach dealer fore-armed, Tony.

·
Registered
265 Posts
My car is due in Tuesday so will see what happens. Since posting I went on drive for over an hour and a further hour back home and it's been fine. I have taken to turning off stop start every time I leave the house as that cannot be helping and I hate it anyway. As for battery not covered under warranty that can't be right if it's defective. One thing about Jag ownership is the loan car is always a decent land rover and better so I don't miss mine much. Just could do without the constant hassle.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks - car is still under warranty won't be 3 until September.
The service assistant's first words were that the battery isn't covered under the warranty.
He then said they could book me in for diagnostics but if there was no issues or the issues weren't covered under the warranty then I would have to pay £15o for the diagnostics.
I asked did I could speak to a one of the mechanics - no
I asked him to talk to one and ask if there were known issues / faults just reluctant to start building up costs if they are likely to pull it's the battery but it's not under the warranty.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Hi, suggest you post to customer relations on here, Tony

1 - 7 of 7 Posts