Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a P200 since March 2019 (22 months) there are 17,600k (11,000 miles) on the clock. I am retired so the usage is not much different due to Covid except for a missing few very long 1,000k trips pre Covid.
I am now getting the Low Battery warning every time I get in the car. Perhaps this has coincided with the outside temperature being close to zero c every day. The car is garaged and the garage is rarely below 12c. This is not the first time I have seen the warning over the life of the car but in the past it went away after being ignored for a few days.
On Monday I will be calling my Jaguar dealer to book it in for a check.
HOWEVER
Is this a known fault with the Jaguar E Pace due to POOR ORIGINAL battery or software that calls wolf.

As a BMW driver for 30 years I have NEVER NEVER EVER had to worry about a Battery EVER.

I MIGHT be a year away from buying a new car. The battery uncertainty just might put me off another Jag.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I think you will find it is just lack of use because of the COVID-19 restrictions. Both my E-pace and my wife's BMW have the same problem. I now use a smart charger regularly to top the batteries up. Jaguar have the CTEK in their accessories brochure at an inflated price, but they are available from Amazon.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
boba said:
I think you will find it is just lack of use because of the COVID-19 restrictions. Both my E-pace and my wife's BMW have the same problem. I now use a smart charger regularly to top the batteries up. Jaguar have the CTEK in their accessories brochure at an inflated price, but they are available from Amazon.
This is modern technology. I will not except that. It means the car is not fit for purpose.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts