Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a P200 since March 2019 (22 months) there are 17,600k (11,000 miles) on the clock. I am retired so the usage is not much different due to Covid except for a missing few very long 1,000k trips pre Covid.
I am now getting the Low Battery warning every time I get in the car. Perhaps this has coincided with the outside temperature being close to zero c every day. The car is garaged and the garage is rarely below 12c. This is not the first time I have seen the warning over the life of the car but in the past it went away after being ignored for a few days.
On Monday I will be calling my Jaguar dealer to book it in for a check.
HOWEVER
Is this a known fault with the Jaguar E Pace due to POOR ORIGINAL battery or software that calls wolf.

As a BMW driver for 30 years I have NEVER NEVER EVER had to worry about a Battery EVER.

I MIGHT be a year away from buying a new car. The battery uncertainty just might put me off another Jag.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I think you will find it is just lack of use because of the COVID-19 restrictions. Both my E-pace and my wife's BMW have the same problem. I now use a smart charger regularly to top the batteries up. Jaguar have the CTEK in their accessories brochure at an inflated price, but they are available from Amazon.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
boba said:
I think you will find it is just lack of use because of the COVID-19 restrictions. Both my E-pace and my wife's BMW have the same problem. I now use a smart charger regularly to top the batteries up. Jaguar have the CTEK in their accessories brochure at an inflated price, but they are available from Amazon.
This is modern technology. I will not except that. It means the car is not fit for purpose.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Our E Pace is almost 12 months old, 5,000 miles. We had a "Charging System Fault" detected, turns out its was alternator belt was shredded, its a common fault. Great serice from the JLR serice technician who came out to the house to repair it, but still worrying that this is a common fault.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi Boba,
How did/do you connect the CTEK charger to the car, directly to the battery terminals? I’ve been told that the negative shouldn’t be connected directly to the battery but to an earth point somewhere within the engine compartment. I want to use the CTEK comfort connection cable to have it as a permanent connection that is easily accessible. Any help and advice would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Guys I had F Pace which I loved to bits. Unfortunately had to reject the car due to so many reasons including battery issues. Now on Audi band wagon and same me same life style same usage and not a single problem.
I am sorry I am saying this.
But I still like the way Jags look maybe 1 day they will learn thing or 2.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts