Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner

Map updates

15K views 29 replies 15 participants last post by  Forger 
#1 ·
I've just got a usb 3.0 32gb stick to download the map updates to, an I right in thinking after the new maps are on the stick I can just plug the stick into the car and the download will initialise?

#8 ·
Just getting the latest map update from Jag incontrol, you now need a 64Gb memory stick and so far im on 3 hours and app says another 4 hours to completion. Now my download connection is approx 68Mbps so should take around an hour 8 hours is taking the proverbial.

#9 ·
Hi Vannus, Yes, I've discovered that the file won't fit on a 32GB memory stick anymore and resorted to a 64Gb stick. Your download time seems very long, when I downloaded the November update it took about 3 hours to complete and that is with a download speed of no more that 40GBS. Have you checked your internet speeds recently?

#12 ·
Started to download the maps at 10am this morning, it's now 7.00pm and it is showing 69% complete. My internet is showing a download speed of 30mbps, I am using a sandisk 64gb usb 3 flash drive with a write speed of 150 MB/s. Must be my old laptop. I do most of my stuff on my iPad but being Apple, can't use it for this job. Looks like being a late night

#13 ·
Just taken 2 hours and 25 minutes to download 34GB to a 64GB USB stick over a 80/20 FTTC connection. With my old Audi A7 I could choose the specific EU country, so the UK was just over a GB (the whole of Europe was 13GB - not Russia though). I feel sorry for someone downloading 34GB over an ADSL connection.

#14 ·
I have a newly formatted FAT32 64GB USB stick, downloaded the Maps update. All good. 29.2GB of files.
However, when inserting the USB stick into the slot in the centre comsole, nothing happens. I am doing as per instructions.
I have repeated the entire process (format, download, insert) twice now.

Is there a way of forcing the update to happen manually?

G
#21 ·
ttc546 said:
Success at last. :lol: I just kept perserving with the same routine time after time today. Dunno what was causing the issue, but now resolved.
When I do the upload from the USB stick, I don't have anything else plugged into the USB slots or connected by WiFi or Bluetooth. Make sure the engine is running and the car has gone through all it's routines, about a minute, and then insert the USB key and do nothing. Eventually it recognises the USB as a complete surprise and will start uploading. Patience is Paramount ( a Jaguar must 😀)

#22 ·
I agree as above, if you read the blurb it says start the car, make sure Navigation starts up, insert USB stick and wait. Go through the various answers from the display and once the loading has started you can move the vehicle.
I have sometimes had no reaction to the USB stick on the first attempt so I have removed it, wait a moment and re-insert. It usually takes about 20 mins to load.

#24 ·
My car was telling me that there was an update. Tried to download it yesterday but couldn't access the website. Tried again this morning and everything was back to normal. Downloaded the update (took just over an hour running in the background whilst I was using my computer for other things), then a 20mins run in the car and everything is now up to date.

#25 ·
I never managed to update the navigation directly to the car, even when it's connected to my home Wi-Fi. I've downloaded this months update to a 64Mb SD card and just finished installing it in the car (about 20 mins). It seems that updates become available on the 1st of each month.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.