Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you have the same problem as I do (even on a brand new model) : micro scratches on the shiny black plastic on doors I've got a solution for you.
I used finish polish (smooth) Menzerna 3800 with a micro fiber and it took me around 30s / door, then I applied Hydrosilex Recharge (just to protect it).

Here before / 1 day after (I had to retake a picture as in my first attempt the focus wasn't right) :

·
Registered
28 Posts
Holy smokes! Looks great. What a difference. I need to get some of this.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Excellent result, thanks for the info

·
Registered
265 Posts
Only way to sort this is ppf applied by a professional. Black plastic can be corrected with abrasive polish a few times but unlike bodywork paint the coating is a lot thinner. Safer to use a filler polish layered and a wax over it. Unless you're getting paint protection applied.

Tape up the rubbers first if polishing or the staining will look terrible.

If you wash your car incorrectly its worse. Also train your family to open and close the car using the handles

·
Registered
265 Posts
Gloss Black plastic can be corrected with abrasive polish a few times but unlike bodywork paint the coating is a lot thinner. Safer long-term to use a filler polish layered and a wax over it. Unless you're getting paint protection applied or selling it!

Tape up the rubbers first if polishing or the staining will look terrible.

Also train your family to open and close the car using the handles. A concept that seems lost on people.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ppf woulf be ideal but with care and using extra soft microfiber for drying the car I'm confident I won't have to use polish often. Again I only used extra soft polish (3800) applied by hand, and covered it with silica.

Agreed on the tape & the use of handles !

1 - 7 of 7 Posts