Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to let everyone know that I've successfully updated the installed maps today. For once the process ran exactly as Jags website said it would and installed with no problems. In brief the process was;

Download the maps from the jaguar navigation website to a Usb stick. They were about 25GB so the website suggested a minimum of 32GB for the usb stick. I got a usb3 one on amazon for about £8. The download time obviously depends on your internet speed but mine took about 4 hours

Insert the usb stick into the car. This then automatically triggers the update process. You need the engine running throughout the update, but you can drive the car while it is happening in the background - but you'll have no sat nav during the update. The rest of ICTP works fine though. The update took about 15mins in the car.

Happy to answer any questions

·
Registered
14 Posts
hcblue said:
Just wanted to let everyone know that I've successfully updated the installed maps today. For once the process ran exactly as Jags website said it would and installed with no problems. In brief the process was;

Download the maps from the jaguar navigation website to a Usb stick. They were about 25GB so the website suggested a minimum of 32GB for the usb stick. I got a usb3 one on amazon for about £8. The download time obviously depends on your internet speed but mine took about 4 hours

Insert the usb stick into the car. This then automatically triggers the update process. You need the engine running throughout the update, but you can drive the car while it is happening in the background - but you'll have no sat nav during the update. The rest of ICTP works fine though. The update took about 15mins in the car.

Happy to answer any questions
What was reason for updating maps out of interest?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess the flip answer is because I could! The car comes with I think a 3 year subscription to new map updates meaning that new roads etc are known to the sat nav. So it just means the maps are as current as they can be.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Johnno said:
Does the new map updates automatically? (the first 3 years)
Hi, I think map updates are included for the first 3 years but not sure it is automatic, as in you still have to download to USB.

Also, having to install the downloader is a old fashioned and makes it difficult to use a work PC as most policies won't allow it. It means you have to rely on your own connection which may not be as fast as the corporate one. Maybe it's a ploy to stop us downloading too often...

·
Registered
196 Posts
I also successfully downloaded latest update & installed it via USB stick.
On first download attempt computer went to sleep & stopped downloading!
Once in car took about 20 mins to load which you can do whilst driving!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have downloaded the latest map update to USB twice taking in excess of 4 hours each time and each time the download to car failed with the following message 'Unable to read the map license key file on the USB stick. Please try downloading the files again'. Has anyone had a similar experience and if so how was it overcome? I have successfully updated my maps in the past.

G

·
Colinh

Where do you download the latest maps from ?

When it failed as you mention did you retain the old map version in working order ?

Chris

·
Registered
196 Posts
Colinh said:
I have downloaded the latest map update to USB twice taking in excess of 4 hours each time and each time the download to car failed with the following message 'Unable to read the map license key file on the USB stick. Please try downloading the files again'. Has anyone had a similar experience and if so how was it overcome? I have successfully updated my maps in the past.
I managed the latest update recently without a problem. I always re-format the memory stick each time before the download and make sure my computer doesn't go to sleep, it takes about 2.5 hours using fibre.

The downloads are available on jaguar.com/navigation, you have to register with your car details including VIN and then it tells you if there is an update available. You must download it straight to a USB stick of at least 32gb preferably USB 3!

·
Registered
25 Posts
cstoneman,

You have part of the answer from Malcolmd and I did not reformat my USB which I thought ( after posting my message) may be my problem. I will try again tomorrow. I did not corrupt my installed maps as the download did not start. I wish I had fibre.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Tried updating maps this afternoon but with no success. Tried 2 different downloads of the map same result each time. Car recognises and verifies the download but when starting to update gives the message "unable to update try again or contact main dealer". As the update deletes the old maps before updating now left with no navigation. Fortunately already had an appointment booked for tomorrow for another problem (gesture tailgate not working properly) so hopefully they will be able to fix it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi, downloaded the Maps yesterday after a prompt on the car display advised me one was available. Appeared to download OK but when installing in the car it stopped after about 10 minutes and stayed the 'Contact Dealer' message. I'm going to try again in a minute, however, it didn't delete my old sat nav so that's still working!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Tried installing maps again but no luck. Used a fresh download but stops around the 40% mark every time when I plug usb into the E Pace. Bit the bullet and booked it into the dealers next Thursday for them to do it. Also asked them to sort out Apple CarPlay at the same time although service receptionist mentioned that she wasn't sure if there might be a charge for this!... I certainly won't be paying for it!

·
Registered
196 Posts
Tried to load mine yesterday but as others have found it stops around 40% mark and says contact dealer. I will try again but not hopeful - luckily previous data is still available!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hi,
I had the same screen message when updateing the map on Friday, I downloaded the file again after formatting the USB, tried again and it finnished the update within a few seconds, and displayed that the update was comlete, so I soppose it just needed a small amount of data that was missing, so it could re-boot the software to finnish the install.

At least we know the currant update is working when you get it in there..

Have Fun !
William.

·
Registered
3 Posts
When I put the USB in the slot ...nothing happened
Back to the drawing board I thought
When I inserted the USB back into the computer a pop up appeared with a message that the USB needed repairing The USB was repaired and when re inserted into the car success
My tip is after downloading right click on the USB and check the repair

1 - 20 of 91 Posts