Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I am an English man living and working in Darmstadt Germany, I wanted to buy British, so I just picked up an MY19 P250 Dynamic HLS auto. last Friday, and as I was changing the settings for the Navigation I found I have no setting for "Safety Camera Alerts" it is just not there ! So I went back to my dealer as I needed to pickup my mats, roof rack and locking wheel nuts as they had Not been delivered with the car, although ordered with the car in May, also the missing Tow Ball, which could not be found in the car, and is sill missing !

The dealer told me it's not possible to have any kind of camera alerts or over speed warning sound, as it has been disabled by JLR. However it is still in the documentation and hand book for the car in both English and German ?

Is this option missing for anyone else outside, or inside Britain ?
or is it just Germany, or is it just my Jag.

Have Fun !
William.

G

·
William

I get the speed camera alerts via the SIM card that I installed as far as I know and it seems to work very well.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi William,

Not certain about this but I think speed camera location alerts are illegal in Germany, hence possibly disabled as an option. I spent some time living and driving in Germany and think I read about this at the time. It was a while ago now so I could be wrong but maybe worth investigating.

Alister

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for your replies,

And yes Alister, you are correct about the illegality, JLR have confirmed this, and I have now been advise that the system will activate when I drive to another country that permits this feature, (I hope this features working in the rest of Europe) ?

Does anyone know is this feature part of the data service provided by the sat-nav as ctoneman says ?
or is it hard coded as poi in the maps ?

I would like to know how this works ?

Have Fun!
Thanks,
William.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts