Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently taken delivery of a new E-PACE SE following on previous ownership of an XE.

By default, when using Navigation to a selected destination in the XE, the advance warning and details of the 'next junction' would display on a sub screen on the driver's side of the main central touchscreen.

In the E_PACE, this information, by default, is currently displayed on the passenger side of the central screen. As well as being not easily visible, the change to the far left of the display is not readily detectable as having happened to the driver.

The E-PACE handbook (P246) shows the position of this extra data screen being on the right.

I want this information in my line of sight, so have tried everything to move it over from left to right but couldn't find how to do this from the handbook. I have spent time at my supplying dealer this morning who also failed and has concluded it is fixed and the touchscreen display must be designed for left hand drive only.

I find this explanation pathetic, especially as the handbook example is of a location apparently in Wolverhampton so clearly an option for right hand drive is available.

I know the information also displays on the Instrument Panel in front of the driver, but, on the XE, the advance warning on the central touchscreen came up helpfully a long time before the Instrument Panel version - I assume the E-PACE one does as well, as the guidance to turn off at the next motorway junction on my current Instrument Panel version comes up around the same time as the motorway countdown markers which is far too late for safety.

I would be very grateful for help from anyone who knows how to move this information from left to right on the central media screen.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I agree with Mistral, the next turn info on the left hand side of the screen is difficult to see from the right hand drive position. I have to rely on my passenger to let me know when something comes up so that I can keep my eyes on the road. Not easy when driving solo though. Does anyone have an answer? :?:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Mistral said:
I have recently taken delivery of a new E-PACE SE following on previous ownership of an XE.

By default, when using Navigation to a selected destination in the XE, the advance warning and details of the 'next junction' would display on a sub screen on the driver's side of the main central touchscreen.

In the E_PACE, this information, by default, is currently displayed on the passenger side of the central screen. As well as being not easily visible, the change to the far left of the display is not readily detectable as having happened to the driver.

The E-PACE handbook (P246) shows the position of this extra data screen being on the right.

I want this information in my line of sight, so have tried everything to move it over from left to right but couldn't find how to do this from the handbook. I have spent time at my supplying dealer this morning who also failed and has concluded it is fixed and the touchscreen display must be designed for left hand drive only.

I find this explanation pathetic, especially as the handbook example is of a location apparently in Wolverhampton so clearly an option for right hand drive is available.

I know the information also displays on the Instrument Panel in front of the driver, but, on the XE, the advance warning on the central touchscreen came up helpfully a long time before the Instrument Panel version - I assume the E-PACE one does as well, as the guidance to turn off at the next motorway junction on my current Instrument Panel version comes up around the same time as the motorway countdown markers which is far too late for safety.

I would be very grateful for help from anyone who knows how to move this information from left to right on the central media screen.
Good Morning Mistral

Thank you for your post.

I have spoken with our Product Analyst team, and also the Engineering team who have confirmed that unfortunately, this is not a feature that can be changed within the settings.

However, your comments have been passed on to the relevant area of the business for future considerations in development.

Many Thanks

Dan - Jaguar UK

1 - 3 of 3 Posts