Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, brand new to here and counting down the days till I get my e pace (5 more sleeps :D ). I'm looking at pictures after I had seen a review that mentioned that 17' alloys are lost in the arch. I've seen a set of 18' f pace alloys - has anyone done this swap due to the wheels looking small?
Thanks for any replies.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Our car has the dark grey/gunmetal 17" wheels that are standard in our country.
While these are arguably small, and the tyres look like balloons, the dark tyre/wheel combo looks quite fine. It's not a sexy sporty look, but more like a rugged appearance.
The huge tyres also offer an exceptionally comfortable ride!!
What colour are your 17" alloys?

Wheel Vehicle Tire Car Grille

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, thanks for reply. White car with silver alloys. I've seen some 18' off an f pace or 19' off an f pace. Yours looks great and not like there's a huge gap. I'm going to wait until I get it and see how I feel after a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hi
It doesn't matter what size wheels you have, the gap between the top of the tyre and the wheel arch is the same. That having been said, I swapped my factory 18"s for a set of F Pace 19"s successfully. Be careful though because the F Pace wheels are generally one size larger in width compared with the equivalent E Pace wheel and the inside sidewall of the tyre will get too close the the suspension if you pick the wrong tyre.
I'll try to attach a photo of the F Pace wheel fitted to the car without a tyre to measure the clearance. It went down from 25mm to 19mm. I went for the narrower of the two compatible tyres. Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Bumper

Attachments

·
Registered
68 Posts
Just checked the tyres
There are Pirelli All Season 235/55 R19.
Had them for a couple of years now and no sign of rubbing. I can just get my finger between the strut and sidewall.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.