Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.

I've bought a 2018 e pace dynamic S with only 800 miles on the clock... it's beautiful!

I got it on Friday from Jaguar and the day after realised the aircon wouldn't cool the car. Booked it in for this morning to get it looked at but whilst driving to the garage the camshaft failed and it now needs a whole new engine. Not even had it a week!

The whole Jaguar experience has now been spoiled and even when I get it back I'm going to be worried about it breaking again!

My question is... can I push them for a new car? What can I do about this fiasco?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Stretch83 said:
Hi.

I've bought a 2018 e pace dynamic S with only 800 miles on the clock... it's beautiful!

I got it on Friday from Jaguar and the day after realised the aircon wouldn't cool the car. Booked it in for this morning to get it looked at but whilst driving to the garage the camshaft failed and it now needs a whole new engine. Not even had it a week!

The whole Jaguar experience has now been spoiled and even when I get it back I'm going to be worried about it breaking again!

My question is... can I push them for a new car? What can I do about this fiasco?
Hi,

If you bought it new and it's only less than a week I think straight away reject it , not sure if it's pcp involve them, it shouldn't be your problem anymore, is it a joke new car needs a new engine at 800 miles. First check with dealer that you don't want this anymore if not Contact jaguar telling them that you are rejecting the car.

Even if it's used you have like 14days or more to return the car.

Regards,
KJ

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Because it's done 800 miles and a year old it's a nearly new used car.. otherwise I'd be looking for a replacement. Just not sure if I can demand the same with it being 'nearly new'

·
Registered
4 Posts
If you are not happy at keeping it when a new engine has been fitted you can reject it , and see if there is another similar car in dealer /Jaguar stock that you would be happy with.
I would be asking for a few free service s extended warranty etc and possibly keep it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts