Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my new P200 R-Dynamic S last weekend and love it!

Have noticed a couple of strange things though if anyone has similar or can advise:

• Sat Nav - I did a trip back from the dealership and the woman was announcing something almost every mile?! Even when just continuing by on the normal A road she constantly kept telling me?! Anyone had the same or is it in the settings?
  • MPG - Have noticed for the first 3-5 minutes of every journey, the MPG figures are horrendous, in the region of 5MPG pulling away and even as bad as 20MPG when coasting. After 5 minutes or so it then goes to normal figures, anyone else have the same?
  • Braking - Breaks seem quite hard to use to come to a smooth stop, is this just because the car is brand new? Feels like not much happens when you first apply them then suddenly it jars you.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Hi, the Sat -Nav will be down to a setting, mpg will never be brilliant on a new automatic, but will improve as car is run in, none of the range is good around town and slow speeds, but are good out on open roads, the brakes are a bit dead feeling when new , but again as you adapt to the car you will find them to be very good, enjoy learning, hope this helps Tony.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I didn't find any issues with the brakes, which was nice as my previous car was very hard at first and often jarred my neck. Has taken me a while to get used to the acceleration as my four year old merc had really lost power. Consumption is higher than my last car but it is a bigger engine. P200 S auto 3 months old.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Wonder why people seem to be obsessed with the weight of the E Pace. as per Pickythemove's comment.
Also nearly every review went on about how heavy it was so it seems to have become an accepted fact that its too heavy.
Oddy enough its the same weight as the Macan and you never hear people complaining about that.
Just seems strange and maybe I'm a crap driver but the wife's P250 doesn't feel heavy. Although I'm not sure I would know what a heavy car felt like!!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Think the weight thing started when specs were compared to F-Pace, which is lighter in some specs, but you don't see reference to the Evoque being heavy, although it Is basically the same as the E-Pace

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everyone. Nearly 2 weeks in and actually I can feel the brakes starting to bed in more! I haven't had the sat nav issue since, although haven't taken it on a long drive yet. MPG hasn't seen much improvement but assume this will take longer. I have a lot of roundabouts and dual carriageways on my train station commute, about 6 miles odd but only manage to get up to about 22mpg.

The car definitely feels heavy, especially in corners, but I guess the size of the car there isn't much getting away from that.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Driver's side door has developed a rattle :evil:

And it could be me but the car doesn't always switch off when put in park, nor does the navigation start once you enter an address (meaning I have to put it in a second time).

Neil1314 said:
Wonder why people seem to be obsessed with the weight of the E Pace. as per Pickythemove's comment.
Maybe because it's heavier than the F? But it certainly doesn't feel as heavy as everyone is going on about.

luis88 said:
Sat Nav - I did a trip back from the dealership and the woman was announcing something almost every mile?!
You can turn her off completely in settings.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I'm not obsessed by the weight - I'm just aware of the fact that it's heavier than it could be if more aluminium parts had been used. And it definitely brakes differently than my Golf 7.

G

·
And I bet the fact that the new Evoque is 90kg heavier in D180 guise than its equivalent E Pace never gets mentioned.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Completely agree here, whatever the weight is never would have occurred to me if I hadn't read it in some random review, and I never understood why the occasional weight chatter. Should I have felt that a Fiat felt light the last time I drove one? All I noticed was that people were extra careful to let me change lanes and not bump into me like at the amusement park. But maybe that was just because of the pastel color of that Fiat and they felt bad for me. Not once did I feel like that light car would float off into the clouds. Bizarre.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I've had my P250 for six weeks and still running it in, 1800 miles (3000Km) does seem a lot of miles to run. MPG is poor on short journeys but I've had 37mpg on a longish one (60 miles). Hoping for more when fully run in, and to use it at full power.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts