Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Just thought I'd say hi and introduce myself, though I have been lurking a while, prior to purchasing my new (to me) E-Pace. I tend to change cars a lot but have largely been leasing for the past 20 years, so this is my first car purchase in a long time. I wanted something fun, and reasonably practical (but not too large due to a small driveway) and had it down to a 2018 Stelvio Speciale 2.2d 210, or the 2019 E-Pace R-Dynamic SE D240. Slightly different cars and neither had everything I wanted - (Stelvio had an awful std 8 speaker sound system, while the E-Pace is missing heated seats) but having sat in both, I went for the E-Pace due to varying reasons - but mainly the design, the larger infotainment screen and the audio system. It also felt a bit more refined on the move.

I quickly got the full Jaguar experience as the E-Pace (on just under 17k miles) flashed up with the dreaded Diesel Exhaust Fluid Dosing Error warning on my drive home. I called the local Jaguar dealer who said they could book me in next week, or if the miles before the engine would not be able to start was not likely to last until then, called Jaguar Assist, which i did. They came out, checked it out and for some reason, despite software updates and such, could not resolve the fault so it's now in with the dealer, and I have an Evoque to pootle around in for now (I like the Evoque's interior but not keen on the soft ride and the P200 engine feels downright breathless compared to my D240).

I have 14 days to return the car for a full refund, and some may argue I should have done so as soon as the fault appeared, but I do like the E-Pace, so I'll give Jaguar a chance to resolve it. Hopefully then I can start getting out and having a bit of fun in the car.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Hi Marc and welcome, I can't recall anyone reporting that error " DEF dosing " hope the dealer can fix it and you carry on enjoying your car, it may be something as simple as someone has topped up DEF with wrong fluid, Tony

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the welcome - the DEF dosing error (with a countdown until the engine is no longer able to be started) seems to be a fairly common thing with the Ingenium diesels when looking online - with a number of causes including broken/disconnected wiring to the def injector, or crystalized fluid in the injector (which actually returns a specific code in the diagnostics check), amongst a few others. The weird bit was that when Jaguar Assist came out and ran the diagnostics, they kept getting an error when trying to check the DEF fluid level. In fact, where it normally shows that in the instrument panel (with ignition on, engine off), it doesn't even show the option to check the level, which the technician said was very odd. He theorized that the def tank has been removed at some point (to clean or flush) and not been replaced properly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.