Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
New to the forum. Seriously interested in this, actually test drove an XE and really liked it but would prefer an SUV style so it's easier to get in and out of.

Look forward to finding out more.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am seriously interested in the E-Pace but need to know more about it - we don't even know the price yet. But having run a Nissan Leaf for 3 years I am totally won over by electric cars and will never again buy petrol. The Leaf is great but restricted by the range of only about 80 miles. It's not really much of a problem though because nowadays there are plenty of charging stations around and 90% of the time we charge it overnight anyway for around £2 in electricity against £40-£50 in petrol. Then of course the road tax is free.

However if the E-Pace has a range of 300 miles then it's a no-brainer! I would buy one in a flash. But now then, a question - will it charge from the same home charger than the Nissan (and all Japanese models) do? If not, it's a problem, not a deal breaker but a nuisance if I have to go all through the installation of a new one. I looked at the BMW i3 but in the arrogant German fashion they had to ignore the world-wide standard and introduce their own incompatible charger!! Anyway it is a horrid ugly beast whilst the Jaguar looks beautiful, from the photos.

The Nissan can be charged up by a normal 13a plug in an emergency, will the Jag do that? Will the E-Pace qualify for the Government's £5000 grant off the price as the Nissan did? These are all questions I am waiting to know. The dealer I spoke to had no idea.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts