Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning all,

I am new to this site. After trying virtually all the SUV's on the market we have now decided on the Jaguar E pace.

We are looking for an ex demo model as we don't want to wait for a new build. We are thinking the 150 dynamic model.

My question to all you nice people is, can you offer any advice and certain models or extras to look out for and any pitfalls?

Thank you all in advance.

·
Registered
57 Posts
My best option was the Meridian Surround Sound system. Brilliant.
If the interior upholstery is black then the panoramic sunroof will lighten things up.
Adaptive suspension and rims no bigger than 19" for a comfortable ride (expect some argument from HSE owners)
Electric tailgate is very useful.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Electric tailgate was mandatory for me. Heated seats - I had these on my Merc and decided couldn't live without them ;-)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Privacy glass for me so the kids don't complain about the sun! Also went for all weather tyres which jag forgot to fit so the dealer had to buy some continental scorpions and fit them! Towbar as well but that's probably more niche...

G

·
I find the basic audio perfectly adequate but heated seats 💺 are great. If you can find a "S" model then that has everything we certainly needed. The fixed Panoramic roof is great as it floods the car with light

We thought long and hard whether to buy new or secondhand but thought that trying to find the right colour and the extras needed was too stressful and one kept compromising. Remember that the colour is the first thing you see every day so choose wisely.

My own preference would be D180 rather than 150.

·
Registered
75 Posts
murchison2003 said:
Lord Mwic
This is my first car with auto high beam assist, it's great. I have private messaged you.
HBA is fab if you regularly drive on country roads in the dark - I'd have specified it if most of my driving wasn't on urban roads and motorways!

·
Registered
86 Posts
I note that the people say that the standard system is "OK". Damned with faint praise. The upgrade is fantastic. The sound is really really good. If you are going to buy a premium car, don't let it down with just OK. If you listen to music when you drive, then this is a difference that will matter hour after hour.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hi,

Go for the glass roof superb worth every penny !

Forget about the HUD seams more problems with reflections than it's woth.

Digital dashboard, a must if you are older with fading eyesite, easy to see in daylight and clear as cristal.

Warning system in the mirrors ! an absolute Must for safety. Get them above all else !

Have fun with your new Jag,
William..

·
Registered
57 Posts
Williamsplace said:
Hi,

Go for the glass roof superb worth every penny !

Forget about the HUD seams more problems with reflections than it's woth.

Digital dashboard, a must if you are older with fading eyesite, easy to see in daylight and clear as cristal.

Warning system in the mirrors ! an absolute Must for safety. Get them above all else !

Have fun with your new Jag,
William..
I have the HUD but am not bothered by reflections too much. This may be down to the Infrared Reflective Windscreen option that I have. I feel that HUD is a nice-to-have option rather than a necessity. Maybe it would be more useful to me if I used the navigation more.

G

·
Only a 150? It's a heavy beast and with that engine it might be a little sluggish, so make sure you have a good test drive

·
Registered
75 Posts
chopper602 said:
Only a 150? It's a heavy beast and with that engine it might be a little sluggish, so make sure you have a good test drive
I guess it depends on what you're used to - my 150 is a lot swifter than my old C4 105...

·
Registered
195 Posts
One thing that's rather annoying about the Meridian Sound System is when you have a quiet beginning of a song, the volume ist turned up and when the band joins in, the volume drops - kind of a compression effect like you had on old cassette tape recorders...
On the other hand, the spreading of the instruments across the cabin is nice, event without the surround system.

·
Registered
263 Posts
You won't need to buy an ex demonstrator surely as there are quite a few speced and sitting waiting to be bought.

An S spec model with heated seats and electric tailgate :D are all you need really.I would urge you to reconsider a 150d though as it's a heavy car and the 180 more suited to shoving it down the road. Depends on what you used to I suppose but recon 180 will hold value a tad better, then again who knows with diesel theses days. Don't pay daft price for matts there are plenty of cheaper aftermarket options.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thank you everyone.
I'm taking from this 180, glass roof and right colour, (Thinking Blue). As we are buying this for Lady Mfwic, she rarely plays music in the car, I'll put the upgraded sound system to the bottom of the list.
Heated seats are a must.
This weekend is viewing time so I'll update you.
Again, thank you all for your comments and time spent assisting us. :D

G

·
Lord Mfwic said:
Thank you everyone.
I'm taking from this 180, glass roof and right colour, (Thinking Blue). As we are buying this for Lady Mfwic, she rarely plays music in the car, I'll put the upgraded sound system to the bottom of the list.
Heated seats are a must.
This weekend is viewing time so I'll update you.
Again, thank you all for your comments and time spent assisting us. :D
You have it spot on. Good luck and make sure you get a 2 hr test drive if possible ike I did

·
Registered
195 Posts
mrchiggles said:
murchison2003 said:
Lord Mwic
This is my first car with auto high beam assist, it's great. I have private messaged you.
HBA is fab if you regularly drive on country roads in the dark - I'd have specified it if most of my driving wasn't on urban roads and motorways!
I turned it off yesterday, it got annoying with fog at night on the highway...

1 - 20 of 30 Posts