Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Alright reviews are not what I expect for a Jaguar. Looks like JLR need to try a bit harder. It's supposed to be a prestige marque. If I wanted an alright car I'd be looking at something a lot cheaper than a Jaguar.

·
Registered
14 Posts
A very disappointed drive with negative comments to support this, followed by further typical "social media" comments from some to have an axe to grind with JLR in general.
Personally I prefer to read and listen to very well informed and discerning persona in the printed and electronic media, as such while I will remember this trash, I will also relegate such rhetoric to the lower echelons of my celebrium.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I try to read every review out there. When I read american review I know that almost all the things they like I dislike and that is only one example. I trust mostly my own taste. I have seen E-Pace only one time live, but I liked it inside out. Better looking than ugly and "grey" trio X1, Q3 and GLA.
Every car could be better with 200hp more etc. but in real life I think I am going to be happy Jagger and I really don`t care what some news editor in newspaper says about it, good or bad. Evoque (I think E-Pace looked more premium inside than my old Evoque) sells around the world like hot chocolate in Alaska so I can think this will sell great too. Does it mean that it is good or premium, maybe not, but it tells something about the product if it sells good or maybe it only tells that me and all other buyers are idiots :lol:

·
Registered
94 Posts
I have a R-Dynamic D180 on order and am presently driving one of the last Freelander 2s made. I've owned Freelanders for nine years so am more than a little familiar with their character and capabilities. Irrespective of platform, etc - based on a reasonably lengthy test drive of the E-Pace over a variety of roads - I can say with a degree of authority the E-Pace feels a much more refined vehicle.

Most of these reviews seem to obsess over whether or not it "feels' like a proper Jaguar - whatever that is. I don't care. I've never before owned a Jaguar and, though I'm sure they're all wonderful, I was looking for a small, reasonably cheap to own, comfortable car that would cope with the winter road conditions where I live in western Scotland and also have the capability for a little reasonably gentle off-roading in support of a couple of my leisure interests. Certainly the common DNA with Freelander, Disco Sport and Evoque is there - they are all from the same family. But I'll take continuous improvement over setting off in a new design direction every few years any day.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I have had an E Pace on order since August, i finally had a test drive last month and it is a fantastic car to drive. I've read alot of mixed reviews but to be honest i like to make my own mind up. It is a bit pricey for what your getting but at the end of the day, we make the choice to buy. My only gripe is with the way my dealer has handled my sale. I built my car to a spec probably like alot of other people to stay below that absolute nonsense of a road tax scam by the government. I retro fitted one thing to keep it below only to be told this week by my dealer that they had made a mistake in that they included the first year tax in the cost which shouldn't be included so i could have factory fitted from the start. On top of being told my 'first' build car which was built wrong was now ok after being told a second build date which should have been today but was actually the 8th January, it's became a bit of a circus to be quite honest. So hopefully it will be here on the 12th of March, at least i'll get the new plate out of it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
The E-Pace is up against formidable competition from......

New Audi Q3 mid year
New BMW X2 due shortly
New Volvo XC40 due shortly
New Mercedes GLA due next year

If Jaguar produce a product inferior to this type of competition, they do say at their peril....!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
As far I can see, most reviews are just obsessed with E-Pace's heavy weight. True, a lighter car would probably be faster and more efficient. But, on the other hand, a heavier platform (one that has proven to be pretty good for the last 11 years) is good for better handling, more grip, better off-road capability, and better safety. Now what's more important in a crossroad?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts