Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some years ago UK consumer law was changed to allow servicing in non-franchise garages without affecting the warranty. For a warranty claim you could provide the stamped service book as proof. I have just been quoted a ridiculous amount for an oil & filter change at 6,000 miles so would prefer to use an independent garage at half the price using the exact same materials but can they then access the Jaguar servicing site to electronically register the oil change and set service to zero.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I would say that an invoice detailing the oil and filter used would be evidence enough that the service was carried out according to the manufacturer's specifications. Most non-franchised mechanics should have the software to reset the service message too. My daughter had her Range Rover Sport serviced recently by a local mechanic and they were able to reset everything. It twould be up to you to notify Jaguar of the oil change for their records.

A likely scenario could be if you were on a long road trip and the service warning came up nowhere near an authorized JLR service centre. That is potentially realistic in places like the USA and particularly Australia where road trips can go for months and thousands of miles.

I say go for it! What can Jaguar actually do about it if all the specifications are met?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts