Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my E-Pace last week and like so many am loving it. Towed our caravan into the Derbyshire Dales no problem, getting used to the feel of the car solo and hitched up. The InControl is flaky and my old iPod connects intermittently...anyone else having problems with connecting media players? When it works it is great, I see the device and I see the track name and progress bar but no sound! And yes the volume is turned up :} The iPod is a 2nd generation 32Gb...help!

·
Registered
94 Posts
I found the operation of the iPod very erratic in my previous Freelander 2. So this time I just loaded all my music onto a USB stick and it works perfectly. Plus I can play higher resolution flac files which would not work on my iPod. The only issue was the need to use a short USB cable with a right angle connector because the lid of the armrest would not close with the USB stick inserted directly into the socket. Disappointed that Jaguar didn't think of this when they designed the car!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you have iTunes you can export a playlist to a target drive/disc, Windows media player probably has the same. I have started to use Bluetooth on my iphone now as it seems reliable. My device is recognised whenever I get in the car. Spotify is great too as you can download a playlist to your device.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I tried it both ways and both were very flaky, a few weeks ago the system failed completely whilst I was driving. On contacting my local Jaguar dealership they confirmed that there was an update available and Apple Car Play is included, this update appears to have solved all the problems.

·
Registered
49 Posts
sobsong said:
I tried it both ways and both were very flaky, a few weeks ago the system failed completely whilst I was driving. On contacting my local Jaguar dealership they confirmed that there was an update available and Apple Car Play is included, this update appears to have solved all the problems.
Where you able to get the update ? Did you have SatNav option ? (My dealership refused to update my system because I don't have SatNav)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts