Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone I'm considering purchasing an e pace hse p250, but can't decide if the p300 is worth the extra? can you tell the difference between them
.6 of a second to 60 seems an awful lot extra to pay for going on list and or car wow prices, I'm going for a test drive next week but any advice welcome

·
Registered
68 Posts
After 6 months of ownership of the P250 I feel that the standard suspension is a little on the hard side. I would test the active suspension option on some rough roads to see if it is noticeably better than the standard.

Cheers
John

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks John

I'm going to spec adaptive dynamics

Did you compare performance between the p250 and p300? Ie was there significant difference in acceleration to justify price difference?

Cheers

·
Registered
50 Posts
Have you considered the P200? I test drove the P250 and then the P200 to see if there was much difference and to be honest, on UK roads there was very little. Although I am no Stig, I really didn't notice the 1 second less in acceleration....

I also had to consider cost to a degree, so for me the P300 wasn't an option. Couldn't justify the extra £13000+ for that engine and extra VED.

Went for the P200 and I have had mine for just over a month. Lovely drive and it is pretty quick. I do have to keep an eye on my speed on motorways (should use the speed limiter more) and can easily overtake on country roads.

All down to what you want really. Good luck with the test drive.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Old Rascal said:
Have you considered the P200? I test drove the P250 and then the P200 to see if there was much difference and to be honest, on UK roads there was very little. Although I am no Stig, I really didn't notice the 1 second less in acceleration....

I also had to consider cost to a degree, so for me the P300 wasn't an option. Couldn't justify the extra £13000+ for that engine and extra VED.

Went for the P200 and I have had mine for just over a month. Lovely drive and it is pretty quick. I do have to keep an eye on my speed on motorways (should use the speed limiter more) and can easily overtake on country roads.

Old Rascal, I too have the P200. I couldn't justify the increased tax & insurance costs here in Italy. Just into the third week of ownership, very happy so far, can only imagine what the P300 must be like! If only the engine sounded a little more characterful, and the indicator turn signal noise was quieter!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all your responses its interesting to hear what you say about the p300
I noticed also looking at the specs that the p300 is some 60kilos heavier than a p250 and p3200 thus negating the slight extra bhp advantage ( least over the p250) plus you can buy a whole lotta options with the 5k saving over a p300.
I'm thinking if there's one Available to order from dealer stock a caldera red with light oyster leather

·
Registered
100 Posts
Old Rascal said:

Can confirm after my first day with my P200 it seems enough for me. And that's after having owned various little sportscars in the past...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Fair enuf
I'm not road testing a p300 just wondered if it was worth it. Might test a p200 instead.
Hse spec gets some pretty nice looking rims as standard, is it worth maybe looking at the slightly more ritzier items?
Also ambient configurable lighting. Do you get ambient lighting as standard ( just not configurable?)
Also adaptive dynamics worth it for the ride comfort?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Definitely want 20" rims the 6014 items look great with caldera red paint and cream leather, personally I think smaller rims get lost in the wheel arches
Interior lighting is there single colour ambient lighting? Or is there just puddle lamps in the roof as standard?
Not sure I want to pay extra to configure standard ambient lights.....but if there's no ambient lighting then I might consider it an option worth paying for

1 - 13 of 13 Posts