Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had the car a week and noticed two white specs on a black car and realised the paint is chipped away possibly when the car was debadged (by dealership) just wondering if anyone knows who I contact about this damage jaguar customer service? Or just go back into the dealership?

·
Registered
94 Posts
spookone said:
I noticed this on the first wash which is little annoying - anyone else had this? My Evoque was exactly the same when it arrived.
I had exactly the same issue with my E-Pace. It is caused by the wiper arms fouling the rear edge of the bonnet when they are pulled away from the screen (generally when the car is being washed). My car was delivered with this issue. The dealer fixed it. Since then I've been very careful to ensure that the wipers are not pulled away from the screen when the car is being washed.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks I'll go in this weekend, and as for that wiper issue it's a joke I don't get why they're made that way they know first thing anyone wil do is pull the wipers up to clean the glass and also even if you put the wipers in service mode to allow you to lift the wiper blades you need to keep the engine on else they wil try to return to their normal position and cause more damage

·
Registered
52 Posts
Jagster said:
Thanks I'll go in this weekend, and as for that wiper issue it's a joke I don't get why they're made that way they know first thing anyone wil do is pull the wipers up to clean the glass and also even if you put the wipers in service mode to allow you to lift the wiper blades you need to keep the engine on else they wil try to return to their normal position and cause more damage
Not sure if this applies to MY18 cars, but the MY19 SE I have has a Winter mode for the wipers. It's on one of the menus on the speedo display. Select Winter mode and the wipers move a few inches to clear the arms from the bonnet edge and stay where they are when the ignition is switched off. When you're done, start the car and put them back to normal mode.
It's a PITA, but better than having the bonnet edge chipped.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mine is a my19 and I've seen the winter wiper mode I actually meant to find out what it was there's just so much to look through, anyway thanks for that it'll defo make life a bit easier next time

1 - 8 of 8 Posts