Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my first post on the e-pace forum, having just ordered a new e-pace.

Does anybody have experience of paintwork protection systems? I do not want to spend hours from time to time waxing the car.

The dealer states that the Jaguar recommended system is GardX, for which he has quoted 499 pounds, including interior. I have seen varying comments on this system.

I have also noted on the internet a self-healing Paint Protection Film, and a Ceramc Coating, both by Reep Midlands. I am particularly impressed with the PPF which Auto Express reviewed, but I do not know the cost.

any comments are welcome.

CLM

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hi CLM,

I went with the ceramic coating. Did a bit of reading about it, and purchased via Amazon. I did this myself when my epace came out of the showroom, so no tar spots or even rain had touched the car, still took 41/2 hours to do, with help from a friend. Well worth it.
I have the Silicon Silver and it looks stunning. Very easy to wash and dry, bird poo comes straight off also the dead insects collected at the front just wipe off when washing.
PhilS

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the comments. PhilS - is it straightforward/easy to do it yourself? Is it hard work? Particularly, could it be messed up if not done properly?

Snowy - could you let me know how much you had to pay others to do it?

I assume that this will not affect the Jaguar warantee if I do not get it done by the dealer??

Thanks
CLM

1 - 4 of 4 Posts