Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone actually use Park Assist on a regular basis? I've tried it a few times but didn't feel very confident. I think I'd rather be fully in control. Also it didn't seem to be very good at identifying spaces. Or is it something you get used to with practice? It does impress the grandchildren, though!

·
Registered
195 Posts
I tried once or twice, but I'm much quicker in finding a parking space. I haven't had the opportunity yet to try the function that helps you to leave a parking space...

G

·
I have tried perpendicular and parallel just once each and it performed perfectly but to be honest life is much to short to use it all the time as I can be done and out of the car while it is still thinking 🤔

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. Looks like we're agreed it's not a lot of use. Maybe a gimmick the marketing people insist on having. On balance I still think it's worth having the Park Pack though as I really like the Rear Traffic Monitor that looks sideways when reversing and the 360 deg Parking Aid is reassuring, if you don't have 360deg surround camera.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Clearly I am not the champion parallel parker that you all are! It is certainly not a gimmick to me. I imagine it is most helpful to individuals who find the blind spots challenging or just find it harder to turn their head that far as we get older...

The surprisingly most useful feature of the 3 modes to me - the exit mode, that pulls you out of a space. Every time I use it I hold my breath, as it keeps pulling forward - safely - when I would have shied away and done a small do-over. Bumpers clear. Car pulls out. Exhale.

When holding up a single lane with approaching traffic waiting for me to get into my slot, I have faced performance anxiety to be faster, and then more quickly reversed-in than the system would have, albeit with a few extra fwd's and backs... to just be out of their way ASAP. Otherwise, I let the machine do it for me, which normally in the long run is faster than my back and forth guesswork.

I'll take the system with the radars, please!

G

·
I agree the traffic monitor is very good and it has helped a lot especially reversing out of the drive when cars are parked on the road.

Next car I will choose the 360 Deg camera as I know that will help. I already have a scrape from those ridicules posts in car parks that are only a couple of feet high 😱

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
jagusa said:
Clearly I am not the champion parallel parker that you all are! It is certainly not a gimmick to me. I imagine it is most helpful to individuals who find the blind spots challenging or just find it harder to turn their head that far as we get older...

The surprisingly most useful feature of the 3 modes to me - the exit mode, that pulls you out of a space. Every time I use it I hold my breath, as it keeps pulling forward - safely - when I would have shied away and done a small do-over. Bumpers clear. Car pulls out. Exhale.

When holding up a single lane with approaching traffic waiting for me to get into my slot, I have faced performance anxiety to be faster, and then more quickly reversed-in than the system would have, albeit with a few extra fwd's and backs... to just be out of their way ASAP. Otherwise, I let the machine do it for me, which normally in the long run is faster than my back and forth guesswork.

I'll take the system with the radars, please!
I can sympathise with the head turning problem but on the whole I tend to watch the rear camera display rather than look over my shoulder. It felt very odd doing that at first after years of twisting round to see where I was going but I don't think about it now. I must try the exit mode though. I can see that could be useful getting out of a tight parking space.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Interesting point, had I not gone whole hog and gotten everything at once, I may have come to rely more on the rear camera... then the parking radar... then lastly the self-park feature... but I went from having nothing to everything simultaneously

1 - 9 of 9 Posts