Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day all, I have a little problem that I hope you can help me with. I'm on software version 20A & have noticed an issue with the parking aid. When I select reverse the camera comes on & the 2 parking aid lights flash a couple of times, then the display changes as the attached photo, the sensors seem to be deactivated & offer no assistance when reversing. This has happened for a couple of days now, any ideas please?

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
Have you downloaded the iguide from play store/app store?

If you have, search for "parking features: using". Check that your settings match the automatic PDC to identify if there is a fault or just settings have reset after software update.

When my car was delivered the front sensors would only activate manually until I changed the settings and then had to be set again after update to 19c software which was installed at the dealer.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
NeBC said:

If you have, search for "parking features: using". Check that your settings match the automatic PDC to identify if there is a fault or just settings have reset after software update.

When my car was delivered the front sensors would only activate manually until I changed the settings and then had to be set again after update to 19c software which was installed at the dealer.
I have the guide. The problem is I can't get access to the parking aid settings at all. On engaging reverse both the parking aid & park assist amber lights flash a couple of times & then go out leaving me with the screen as shown in my photo. Pressing the parking aid light when flashing just turns it off quicker. Pressing it when it's unlit does nothing at all!

·
Registered
118 Posts
JJitalia said:
NeBC said:

I have the guide. The problem is I can't get access to the parking aid settings at all. On engaging reverse both the parking aid & park assist amber lights flash a couple of times & then go out leaving me with the screen as shown in my photo. Pressing the parking aid light when flashing just turns it off quicker. Pressing it when it's unlit does nothing at all!
Ok while you are on that display there are 2 cogs for settings on screen below press that you would be able to see extra settings related to camera and parking options.

Thanks.

Regards,
KJ

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jalees said:
JJitalia said:
NeBC said:

Ok while you are on that display there are 2 cogs for settings on screen below press that you would be able to see extra settings related to camera and parking options.

Thanks.

Regards,
KJ
I can't get access to the screen with the 2 cogs, the camera comes on the lights flash & then the screen shown in my photo. I remember seeing what you are talking about when the car was new 12 months ago, but since then I haven't had reason to access the settings until now as the aids had been working perfectly.

·
Registered
118 Posts
JJitalia said:
Jalees said:
JJitalia said:

Thanks.

Regards,
KJ
I can't get access to the screen with the 2 cogs, the camera comes on the lights flash & then the screen shown in my photo. I remember seeing what you are talking about when the car was new 12 months ago, but since then I haven't had reason to access the settings until now as the aids had been working perfectly.
Hi I am referring to the same image you posted if you look at bottom bar next to home icon there is settings icon 2 cogs and it should take you to camera and parking aid settings.
See if you click it and brings up settings you are after.

Thanks.

Regards,
KJ

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Jalees said:
JJitalia said:
Jalees said:

Thanks.

Regards,
KJ
Hi I am referring to the same image you posted if you look at bottom bar next to home icon there is settings icon 2 cogs and it should take you to camera and parking aid settings.

Thanks.

Regards,
KJ
The parking aid settings can only be accessed once the parking aid is active, I can't get the aid active.

Attachments

·
Registered
118 Posts
Ok as of last resort I would say go to settings and do a factory reset if you wish and see.
As in version 20 at least in F pace there is an option to do a factory reset. I recently did it while getting crazy on data warning messages but it was an issue at jaguars end.
But beware everything would reset to factory default like you would again need to sign back into all the things provided you remember all the passwords.
At your own risk :) don't blame me afterwards just a suggestion.

Thanks.

Regards,
KJ

·
Registered
23 Posts
I am on factory software version (cant remember if it is 19A or B). I have issues with the Parking Aid, but it seems to come and go. There are occasions where it just does not come on. The Parking Aid light will blink, then never settle to being on. It usually picks up working after a restart. Interesting to see somebody with a similar problem, though it seems like yours is never coming on.

·
Registered
2 Posts

Thanks.

Regards,
KJ
Hi got same problem just wondering if you ever got a solution cheers

1 - 10 of 10 Posts