Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there,

I was wondering if the 2021 MY E-Pace has "automatic parking" where the vehicle will essentially steer itself into a parking spot?

It seems the previous model years had this feature, possibly only as an option. The information I could find about 2021 MY E-Paces shows that the parking assist function seems to be limited to 360 degree camera views and sensor alerts, without any active steering.

Could anyone share some insight? Maybe the 2021 MY owners have some better information?

Thanks and take care,
Siepel

·
Registered
177 Posts
I thought it had it too.. but no, unfortunately the MY21 don't have this feature.

The 360 cameras are brilliant though.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your response Shadow!

It's a bit of a downgrade from previous model years though, isn't it? I wonder why they did this...?

·
Registered
31 Posts
shadow said:
The 360 cameras are brilliant though.
Indeed, but don't forget that this feature uses a picture of the car, and not its real time image, e.g., do not expect it to indicate that your purse is left on the car's roof ...
😎

·
Registered
177 Posts
ecape said:
Indeed, but don't forget that this feature uses a picture of the car, and its real time image, e.g., do not expect it to indicate that your purse is left on the car's roof ...
😎
That's why you want the panoramic roof !

·
Registered
31 Posts
I had it on my MY18 D240 HSE and used it twice. The first time in a Morrisons car park just to try it out. My MY21 has the 360 camera which i find useful and also the steering at low speed is much lighter. I love the car but got some issues with the infotainment at the moment.. If I use my USB for music it plays tracks in alphabetical order, this does not happen if I use my phone. Since Friday I cant get any radio. Going in to the dealers on Wednesday so they can have a look.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Had it on my last car (Audi A7) and now my MY19 D240 HSE. And never used it on either.

·
Registered
169 Posts
my car has it, used it a few times as a novelty at first but never since. It's amusing and fairly good but is no substitute for a competent driver, ie. parked quite badly in a parallel space when I knew I would have been tighter to the kerb myself and more evenly between the other two cars.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Similarly, I have used mine a couple of times to try it out. For end on parking it was pretty poor, have used to parallel park on a read a couple of times which it did OK. I had forgotten it even had it, so that gives a hint to how much I might miss it. The 360 cameras are brilliant parking aids, the rest is for me not useful.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have parking assist.

Thought it would be a great aid.

However it is not reliable in recognising what is a space where the car can be parked or exiting a parking space where the car has twice tried to drive down a pavement rather than to the open road!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts