Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was involved in a collision with a pedestrian yesterday at low speed and was surprised to see an external air bag deployed. I haven't seen one before? The whole bonnet had also moved into a different position so couldn't be opened. I am hoping that its a quick fix, this has been a very unlucky car. (the pedestrian got up immediately, he was unfortunately high on spice and was intent on running at cars and buses, luckily it was a 30mph road :-(

·
Registered
295 Posts
Sorry to say but the car will require a new bonnet , replacement explosive charges airbag etc etc and probably a windscreen due to the explosive charges being so near the screen. Then the camera at the middle of the screen needs recalibrated. Side tap btw no frontal damage and no bambi on the bonnet! Again sorry to hit you with that after a traumatic incident like that but at least the person was okay.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As Pwood said, new bumper, new grill, new bonnet as it cant be used again after deployment. airbags and windscreen and probably a respray to colour match. Then off to jaguar for calibration. Hopefully get it back at the beginning of November, parts allowing. In the meantime its a 1.0 Polo courtesy car for me :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.