Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I got mine it was a bit hesitant which improved after a tank of fuel from Tesco's which I have used since until I filled with Asda fuel due to being £1.14 compared with Tesco's at £1.16. After a short time the car was less responsive or jerky. I have used both stations before with my Lexus hybrid and never noticed anything.

It's not like the car is terrible buts it's definitely noticeable. I'll be reverting to Tesco next time and maybe the Momentum stuff to see how it is. The Shell Garage is £1.27 which is a serious difference when one owns a 250 petrol :D

·
Registered
36 Posts
It is a complete urban myth that one brand of supermarket fuel is different from another and is again different from a branded fuel. Fuel meets certain specifications, which car manufacturers test against. If you are filling with the right grade of fuel as specified by the manufacturer and have problems, then there are other factors at play - not that it was bought from Asda, Sainsburys, or Shell (or any other place). Yes, some of the additive percentages may differ, butit still has to meet the standards, and as the tankers all fill from the same refineries wherever they deliver to, its a bit moot....

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hi Pwood, I also have a P250 and after the cheap and cheerful tankful that the dealer supplied on delivery I've run it on Momentum 99 octane. Locally it sells at 1.25 a litre. After discussions at my local bike café it was agreed a) fuels do vary depending on additives (one friend had personal experience of the loading of additives used on some of the 'better' fuels, b) these additives may or not be noticeable by the driver/rider in terms of performance i.e. 99 octane compared to 95, in that it will depend on your motorbike/car engine and how you use it or fuel consumption or engine operation or emissions and c) the extra cost of 99 octane is a personal choice i.e. if you can afford it why not, (this is a sports SUV anyway and love to floor it in Dynamic mode don't we or you would have bought a 1litre Fiesta instead?) e.g. we were all drinking lattes etc and concluded that the extra for 99 octane pales into insignificance compared to the cost of the coffee which we all consume multiples of during a week. If you love your car's performance just do it anyway.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I've got a couple of thousand kilometres on my P250 now and I can say I've noticed no difference between 95 and 98 fuel. I only buy 98 when there is no 95 available.

The hesitation in my opinion is the automatic transmission which takes a few weeks to learn your driving style and adapt.

Cheers John

·
Registered
195 Posts
I tried Shell V-Power 100 once, but it didn't notice any difference. Might be nice to use it every now and then because of the cleaning additives...

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have started using the premium fuel. My last re-fill was at 118.9p (actually cheaper than regular unleaded in my home town, so worth driving a few miles). I am getting 36mpg on a regular 20 mile run with stop start traffic at one end. This is better than what I used to get with regular. Whilst the difference is just 4p per lt it is worth it. My local garage has the difference at 12p per lt, and I will not be using them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts