Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know the service interval on the petrol engines. The manual says 16,000 miles/12 months, but my dealer keeps telling me "long life 2 years or 21,000 miles", which is what the manual says is the interval for diesels?

·
Registered
79 Posts
The car will tell you when a service is due. Mine is a 2019MY P250. The first service warning popped up at about 10 months/11,000 miles and the second at about 23 months/16,000 miles (haven't driven much in the past year because of lockdowns). I purchased a 5 year service plan for about £500 when I bought the car. Sadly Jaguar no longer appear to offer service plans in the UK.

You should see the service countdown on the Jaguar remote app under "status". You will also get a countdown about a month before the service is due on the driver display.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Why does this have to be so freakin' complicated? My 2020MY P200 (purchased end of February 2020) says service due in 11,722 miles (current mileage 4702). This is a lot more than 12K miles, but I received a Car Service Reminder email from dealer on the 29th of December saying my car is due service. If I were keeping this car, I'd do a service every 10K or 12 months, but I'm dumping this thing back on the dealer at 36 months, so I really don't care what is correct. I'll schedule the service when the car says it's due. I bought the service plan and I think it includes one service, so that should cover my entire ownership.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I wouldn't say a lot of issues. I ordered the animated turn indicators and the right side wouldn't animate from delivery. The left was animated, the right simply flashed as normal. The headlight aim was way off, I couldn't drive at night as I would be flashed by every oncoming vehicle. So only two small issues with the car on delivery. Not a big deal, but I brought the car in to have the them looked at and was told the headlights were fine and they would need more time to look at the indicator. I thought I'd wait until first service, but night driving was still impossible. I get an email from the dealer saying my first service is due as I assume because I'm approaching 1 year even though the car only has 4700 miles. After the second email and a few phone messages about service being due, I broke down and booked it in for service today. I got there an 0800 and at 0910, was informed that my car isn't due a service for another 12,000 miles! I had them look into the indicator and headlight aim as I was there, and this time they actually looked at the issues. Must have been a slow day! They found the headlight aim was indeed off and made the required adjustments. They also saw the problem with the indicator animation and replaced the tail lamp assembly. I was amazed they had a tail lamp assembly in stock, but that is also now fixed! What chaps my backside (and this is all brands, not just Jaguar) is that when you bring in a car with a fault, instead of a mechanic/technician you get a laptop jockey that scans the car. If no faults found, you get a pat on the head and sent on your way. If you get lucky enough, as I did this time, for an actual mechanic/technician to look into the customer complaint, you stand a better chance. I do like the car, although I'm not sure about its long term reliability, I just despise car dealers.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts