Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Close to buying but past experience with Evoque looks like it's still haunting the e Pace
Sold my 2014 Evoque two years ago as couldn't live with noisy diesel (early ford plant) and dangerous take off delay. Sad to see today that although the diesel is now much quieter JLR have still not fixed the delay on take off. Lost count of the times I nearly got t boned and tooted at at roundabouts when the car took and an age to just go. Same today with Jag but rather than walk away I tried 200 petrol and it's way better and fully acceptable.
But the punch was checking the demos computer to see a miserable 22 mpg!

So is this the norm?
What do you petrol guys get?

Most driving is short journeys

Cheers

Registered
250 petrol and 27 rising to just over 33 on longer out of town . Short runs it's best not to look. Imagine the 200 is similar unless you use the extra power. 250 flies though and you don't get smelly fumes at fill up time on your hands馃榿

Had a disco sport. Whilst fan issue was sorted and I get what your saying about roundabouts and stuff with 180d anyway.

Registered
P250 and echo Pwood's comments. I find it comes down to how often I have that dynamic switch selected - which is probably more indicative of how I am driving than the switch setting at the time!

Registered
P200 here. Average short journeys, 6 miles, with air conditioning on will see 25-27mpg. Shorter journeys, coming back up the mountain to the house, I daren't look! Best not to know. Longer journeys, 80 miles, on mixed roads will see 35-39mpg, air conditioning on again.
Overall it's what I expected, coming from a 2013 model year diesel Freelander 2. No regrets.

Registered
P250 the best I get is around 30mpg, my averagearound is 25, I don't bother about this too much as I like the performance better than
economy, if I wanted economy I would have bought the Diesel.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys.
Better than the 22 on the demo, but they tend to get thrashed...lol
Current car I'm happy with, which is a 430i bmw with 260bhp and doing 33mpg so not much in costs as I only do 6k a year

Registered
I've a P250, and yeah on open road steady 70mph'ish with the rest of the traffic maybe around 35mpg....However, I can't resist the use of the P250 acceleration whenever it is 'appropriate' and the fuel consumption will drop some what....but I don't care. If I was concerned about it I would have bought a 1litre Fiesta and spent my days regretting the loss of performance which the P250 has in spades. Ref the take off at road junctions, I just squeeze the Go pedal (auto of course) and she takes off like a rocket, no hesitation. It shocks me sometimes how well it takes off even in the wet.

Registered
Similar experience in my P250. Best not to dwell on the fuel consumption and just enjoy the car :) I get low to mid 20s (mpg) for "urban cycle" style driving and up to high 30s on long runs if I am sensible about speed and driving style.

I've not yet done a detailed analysis, but anecdotally, I'm definitely buying more petrol (Shell V-Power) than I did with my Audi A5 2.0 TFSI. However as the E-Pace is something like 250kg heavier (15%) and it's a lot less aerodynamic than the A5, this is probably to be expected.

Registered
I'm driving a P200 loan car today while my P250 is getting software updated. Checked the computer on the loaner and it had an average of 16.6 MPG (imperial)馃槷 over its 1700 km life.

I drove home last night from the airport in the P250. 12 km mostly level ground, 10 degrees C, spirited but legal driving and got 22 MPG.

My 10,000 km average is 8.8 l/100km which equates to 32 MPG. Mix of 110km/h freeways and miserable 20 km/h Sydney traffic.

Registered
Driving a P300 and mpg varies. A 55 mile trip, mostly motorway with an average speed of 43 mph, returned a consumption of 30.8 mpg.
However, shorter round town journeys show a dramatic variation in mpg.
A 12 mile trip, starting with a warm engine and an average speed of 34 mph, showed a consumption of 36.4 mpg; whist a short trip of 1.2 miles at an average speed of 16 mph returned 20.8 mpg!

Registered
I had a P250 loan car for a week, strangely found my D180 much, much quicker off the mark.

The P250 sounded great but I got around 23mpg compared to 33mpg in my oil burner.

Used solely for commuting, 5-10 miles, in traffic.

Never usethe eco mode, gave worse MPG.

Got a long run to South of France next month, will use eco mode on motorway,

Registered
In eco mode mine does seem to shift gears up much earlier and the air conditioning switches off unless I override it, so in theory it should save fuel. Maybe it's ok on the Motorway but I find eco is a bit too sluggish for my city driving.

Registered
P250 here. Rural A road driving here. Typical speed 50 mph and 20 mile journeys. I use the premium petrol. When I am in ECO mode and being careful I can get 41mpg on the 20 mile journey. When I drive with dynamic and really enjoy the car shall we say, I get 35mpg. In town and short then 30mpg.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts