Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am sure this has been covered before…

I bought a P300e expecting slightly better mpg than I'm getting. I accelerate up a hill and am lucky to get the instant mpg above 9mpg if the engine is running and I am 'tickling' the accelerator.
I recently did a long journey from the midlands to Cornwall and averaged 32mpg, and I purposely drove trying to increase the mpg.
No matter what I do, the instant mpg is shocking and the average mpg is incredibly frustrating!

What are other people's experiences?

So far, it seems nothing but a false economy and my diesel F-Pace averaging 50mpg would have been cheaper to keep!

·
Registered
294 Posts
I've only had mine a couple of weeks and use EV mode a lot as journeys are less than the EV range so it's full electric. On a typical journey of 14 miles I used hybrid for 7 miles and EV for the rest to see how it did and and it showed 95 mpg. A blast in hybrid mode using the all the power in sport mode for a few parts managed 33 which my 250 petrol would have been 15 mpg if not a lot worse.

Out of interest have you used the EV screen to see what the car is doing as it will help you understand throttle positions in what is a whole new concept of driving. If you plan on long motorway journeys use save mode until you reach town. I have not used the sat nav function for a long journey that once set the car works out the route and best places to use Ev and save modes.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I've only had mine a couple of weeks and use EV mode a lot as journeys are less than the EV range so it's full electric. On a typical journey of 14 miles I used hybrid for 7 miles and EV for the rest to see how it did and and it showed 95 mpg. A blast in hybrid mode using the all the power in sport mode for a few parts managed 33 which my 250 petrol would have been 15 mpg if not a lot worse.

Out of interest have you used the EV screen to see what the car is doing as it will help you understand throttle positions in what is a whole new concept of driving. If you plan on long motorway journeys use save mode until you reach town. I have not used the sat nav function for a long journey that once set the car works out the route and best places to use Ev and save modes.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have used EV mode when around town and it's fine if doing that sort of mileage daily which then shows at 250mpg (yeah right!).

When you say EV screen, is this the screen which shows if the engine or battery is powering the axle etc? If so, yes, but I find the Rev counter and instant mpg on the digital dash more useful to understand - it shows me how shocking the mpg is going up a hill!

Regarding the sat nav - I put my destination into the sat nav and the EV worked before I hit the motorway, and then the petrol worked the entire motorway journey - is this what you mean by sat nav function? This is the journey it averaged 32mpg which I personally think is rubbish.. but then never having a phev before, what do I know is good when the official figures are 140+

It would be interesting to know what you or others get on a longer journey!

·
Registered
294 Posts
This is my first PHEV but did have two Lexus Hybrids before buying a 250 petrol Epace which was alarming in its fuel consumption. What I found is that I needed to adapt my driving style to get the best out of them and also that motorways are not their natural habitat for fuel efficiency.

I forgot to mention mine is on 18" wheels which are the most efficient as fuel economy drops on larger wheels which will be compounded at motorway speeds. It wasn't my choice as the car was in stock but would probably have stuck with them for the compliant ride coming from 18" on my last one.

Some European countries have the 1.5 engine MHEV as an option so I would be keen to see their economy figures albeit they weigh a lot less.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.