1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got the new E Pace

Phone set up but cannot get maps to work

Have set up and installed micro phone chip and USB stick

Have set up a profile in the car

How on earth do I get the map /sat nav to work??

·
Registered
35 Posts
R U trying to run sat nav via your phone or from car? If car then what model do you have as the base models do not have in-built sat nav you would have had to order Navigation Pro (£630 approx) plus Connect Pro (£320) when ordering

·
Registered
94 Posts
Has the dealer installed the maps? Mine did not - because there was a problem at Jaguar. Had to return the car after a couple of days to download the maps. Now working fine.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Just sent this message to Jaguar Support:
Trying to download the latest map update version 08.030.0102.0152. However, after selecting Download, no action. Recently updated my Apple Mac to the 64 bit Catalina operating system. Prior to this update I had successfully downloaded three map updates this year. Is a new version of the InControl Touch Pro Download Tool required/expected?
Anyone resolved the issue with Catalina OS? :?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi carpediem
Started downloading that version 8 hours ago and still only 67% complete.
There's got to be a better way than this. They should give you the choice as to wether you want Russian maps or not, that would save a bit of time, after all how many of us will be driving in Russia ?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Works fine with Catalina on my Mac. Just make sure you have downloaded the latest version of the MapUpdater software. Early versions were 32bit which are not supported by Catalina. The version I downloaded when I bought my car in September 2018 was 64bit and works fine.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I too have problems with the update tool with my mac on Catalina. Update works but took in total about 14 hours. I have a 68mbps connection so its not the connection.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hiya!

Are you talking about the SATNAV profile log-in? See my thread if you are!!

https://www.epaceforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=885

Andy C :)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Given up on Catalina and downloaded the map on a Lenovo Notepad (not in use in the past 12 months), after installing the Microsoft version of the downloader. Despite having fibre optic broadband with a rated speed of 200 Mbs had to leave it running overnight but completed successfully.

·
Registered
79 Posts
It used to take me about 3 hours to download a map update on my MacBook Pro. Since I've had my Mac Mini running Catalina the download time has dropped to about an hour. Apart from the change of operating system and the later version of MapUpdater software the only changes have been that I now connect to the internet using an Ethernet wired connection and connect my USB stick via a USB 3.01 socket. Both machines have i7 processors, 16Gb RAM and SSD disks. I have fibre to cabinet broadband running at about 70Mb.

If downloads are taking as long as some people say then I would suggest it is a problem with hardware and not a problem with the Jaguar site.

As I have said before I have done 2 map updates since getting my Mac Mini about a month ago and I had no difficulty downloading a Catalina compatible version of the MapUpdater software from the Jaguar site.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Carpediem said:
Given up on Catalina and downloaded the map on a Lenovo Notepad (not in use in the past 12 months), after installing the Microsoft version of the downloader. Despite having fibre optic broadband with a rated speed of 200 Mbs had to leave it running overnight but completed successfully.
Just downloaded the map via Catalina 10.15.1 and MapDownloader 1.2.1 - seems to be working ok.

Download took an hour on a fast wifi.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I have had no problem with maps in Catalina, however my Apple Carplay won't load/connect to my iphone, not sure if thatis since the OTA Jaguat update or the OS update to my phone!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Probably a bit off topic from the original thread but I agree with Dave W - 8th December.
I've just completed (successfully) my first map update. My only option was for Europe and Russia and it took almost 18 hours to download. It then took less than 30 minutes to install. Why is it not possible to choose specific countries? In my case UK only.

·
Registered
79 Posts
There have been lots of discussions about the time it takes to download map updates. It is very much dependent on your internet speed and hardware. I have a 70Mb broadband fibre to cabinet connection. When I first got the car downloads used to take around 3 hours, but having just bought a new computer the last 2 downloads have taken less than 1 hour. That's for the full Europe with Russia download.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I've done another map update today. Took 1 hour 11 mins to download in the background whilst I was using my computer intensively for other tasks. If maps are taking 18 hours to download there is something wrong. Either you have a very s-l-o-o-o-w internet connection or there is a problem with your computer settings. I always ensure that any energy saving applications are switched off, because I have found that if the disc drives go to sleep or the screen saver cuts in, then the download pauses.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts