Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to know what other owners are getting from their Jaguar e pace D150 AWD Auto. I am typically getting between low 21mpg and 28mpg on round town type journeys and max I have ever got on a longer journey mostly motorway driving on cruise control is 38 mpg. I notice some one posted nearly 60mpg which is way off what I am getting not sure I could push 45mpg if I drove at 50mpg in eco mode.

Had the car just over a month and was told to expect low 40s in mixed driving but total average is 27-28 mpg nothing like the 40 I was expecting.

The car does seem a little lack lustre at times and often there is a second or so delay from pressing the throttle to anything happening.

Are other seeing the same fuel economy? Note is it hilly where I live which will have some impact.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Have done 1000 miles in my D180 auto. Mostly urban with a couple of motorway blasts and am getting about 34 mpg. More or less what i expected. No way will they do 40 plus unless all your journeys are at a steady 50mph and you never hit a traffic jam.

·
Registered
184 Posts
30ish on urban journeys in my D180, usually in comfort mode.

Got 43 - or at least an indicated 43 on the car which is not the same as measuring brim to brim - on two 190 mile journeys this week in Dynamic mode, most of which is bristling with average speed cameras so I was set at an indicated 67 or 78 depending on single or dual carriageway, with a fair bit of 50mph stuck behind lorries.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Its begining to look like the petrol version is significantly better than the deisel version unless you consistently do longer journeys. The need to keep the DPF clean and the low service distance due to oil dilution brings the cost of deisel ownership up. my best fuel consuption is 42mpg on journeys and I consistently get 35-40mpg. I typically do 450 miles before I fill up. So I average 37mpg per tank.

·
Registered
92 Posts
My average over the last 2300 miles is 43.7mpg. That's a mix of motorways and very short local journeys (2-3 miles typically) with not much in between. That's as calculated by the car's computer, but it doesn't seem far out when I've checked against actual usage. The car (D180 auto) has done 16000 miles altogether. I get the impression that consumption is noticeably worse in cold weather (perhaps because of all the cold starts/short runs I do). I was getting a good 45 in the summer.

Best single journey I've done (since last software update, which wiped the history) is 58.6. See evidence in photo. And no, I wasn't doing a steady 48 mph, it was a mixture of motorways at 70ish plus other roads. Probably had the wind behind me though.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yikes I really have to go some to get less than 40 on a short trip... ( 150 2wd manual) im averaging high 40's in mixed use.

75mph on the motorway is 55-60 with over 60 not being impossible

( most ive ever got stuck behind a slow caravan on a twisty A road was 74 over 20 miles !!!

I dont drive like miss daisy either, I race and win with Big v8 sports cars lol...

Not quite sure what if any difference the modes make,... the only difference i can tell so far is the dials go red in dynamic mode... i think thats it lol

G

·
I have a D180 Auto and my average consumption is 38.6 mpg after 18,750 miles of mixed driving but mostly short trips. I think that's pretty good and I am happy with that.

·
Registered
1 Posts
D150 AWD and the worst fuel consumption of any vehicle I've owned. 27.4 its hideously poor and I agree with a previous post its terrible off the mark plus the vehicle revs way too high before fear changes and at times takes quite some time at high revs before the needle changes due to gear changes.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I get an average all conditions motoring of no less than 43mpg from my D180.
I find you're hard pressed to get an average speed of more than 60mph on a motorway run nowadays what with congestion and average 50mph sections, I get anywhere between 45 and 49mpg on a steady motorway run.

However, on the odd occations that I have 'stretched its legs' it drops to 35mpg.

·
Registered
88 Posts
2018 P250 - I appreciate you are probably more interested in Diesel comparisons though. I think it all depends how you drive and where, my best ever run is 45mpg at a steady 50-60 on the M1 and M25 and I quite often get 35+ on long motorway runs basically provided you don't hit traffic, and keep the speed reasonable. My run to Tesco on saturday morning, 20.9mpg over 3.2 miles, and 20-25 is pretty typical of heavy town driving. I find mine to be surprisingly economical compared to previous vehicles. One final thought, as far as I can tell the primary purpose of Sport mode is to use all the fuel in the world as quickly as possible, its fun, but only in very short bursts.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Resurecting an old-ish thread here I know but I'm pleasantly surprised at the MPG I got this weekend on a trip from Chester up to the Lake District . It was on a mixture of Motorway, A and B roads, a few unclassifieds and a few urban crawls through Kendal, Windermere and Ambleside.
Vehicle Car Automotive design Gauge Personal luxury car

1 - 17 of 17 Posts